Return

Matthan

It had been a long time since fear and doubt were in the heart of Matthan. Ever since he became one with the Demon, he felt that his emotions grew more distant. The only thing he ever felt was anger at the people who did everything to him.

Standing across from the Dupain-Cheng, he felt his anxiety rise. He knew they'd ask about what happened to him. Ask about the Demon that came after him. Probably wouldn't be long until the heroes tracked him down, either.

He would never tell them his past. He refused to. No one can know of the evil he has done or will do. The questions about the identity of the Demon are easily avoided as the fight had been on the news. They heard the words that were said to him. Know that he would be hunted if he uttered the information they would need.

Even if it is fake info, they don't need to know.

'Remember, a few still know our identity. The master of Nooroo for one and the person who held you captive all these years.'

Of course, Matthan knew this. He was no fool. That man who forced those scientists to do experiments on his body. See if they could control the power in him. After searching the facility, he found no trace of him. So, in the future, he knew that he would be tracked down.

He would be ready for them.

'No, we will be ready.'

As he watched the Bakery, he saw his father working as he carried sweets around. Carefully avoiding the customers as he kept placing the desserts down and working his way into the back to make more. He wasn't alone as his mother was helping by ringing up the orders.

They had smiles on their faces that didn't quite meet their eyes. His new powers gave him the ability to sense emotions. So, he could even feel the sadness they held.

He knew why they were sad. He wasn't a fool on the day it was. Today was the day he turned sixteen, and parents never forget their kids' birthdays. It was probably difficult to go the last decade and every year on this day have to remember they lost their son.

He made me step toward the bakery before a girl with brown-reddish hair came crashing inside. Startling everyone inside as they all grew nervous, thinking it was an Akuma.

Using his enhanced hearing, he listened to what was being said.

"Alya, what's wrong? Did something to Marinette? Isn't school supposed to be in session right now?"

Alya took a deep breath as she looked up to Sabine and Tom, who was watching nervously in the background.

"You mean she isn't here? Shoot!"

Taking out her phone, she tried calling Marinette and not receiving a reply. Quickly typing at her phone, what sounded like aggressive messages.

'Is Mari missing? Who is this girl?"

"Alya! Speak to us! What is going on?"

She looked up confused, looking around at everyone.

"You mean you don't know? There was an Akuma. Of course, Ladybug and Chat Noir arrived to stop it, but it was strange. Instead of trying to attack them, it was fleeing. So, they left it to search for information. Well, nobody knows what happened after that other than all of a sudden. Chat Noir ended up making a hole deep underground, causing a majority of the Notre Dame to collapse."

Taking a deep breath, she typed on her phone while she continued.

"Anyways, it wasn't them that stopped the Akuma it was a demon-like creature. He arrived before they could get back and surrounded the Akuma in what looked like an orb of destruction. When it fell, the Demon stood over the victim as they tried fleeing. Well, Ladybug and Chat Noir manage to protect the victim. Asking the person's name."