Secrets

Matthan

"Oh, Matthan~, where are you?" A voice asked loudly to the people on the boat.

Matthan sensed it before he heard it. A presence of an Akuma was nearby, so having already left the boat on the way back to the bakery, he decided to find the source. It wasn't because of some idealogy of wanting to save the Akuma victim. His curiousity got the better of him, plus it didn't help that Abaddon was curious, too.

So, looking over the railing that led to the canal, Matthan observed as the Akuma victim with sight alone caused everyone to go asleep. Clouds of memories flowed into a floating book that circled around the Akuma. This Akuma was somehow learning secrets of people and broadcasting them. Looking closer, he saw that a memory that involved everyone listening in on our conversation was flowing away into the sky. As if being taken away.

Even Matthan knew that if he wasn't careful, his secrets could be exposed. Which was something he wouldn't allow.

'This is your fault, you know?'

'I'm aware, Abaddon. The Akuma is Zoe, and in some way, she still wants to help Marinette by getting my secrets to come out. If I'm not mistaken, she is trying to erase the fact that her crush was revealed, too.'

'Pathetic really, if you can't take people knowing you like someone don't like them in the first place. I never concealed my feelings for... my wife. I announced it to the heavens and the underworld. It's not an ounce of shame.'

"Where is Marinette?" Matthan realized his sister wasn't among the people asleep on the boat and grew worried. Did she come after him? Is this Akuma able to do more than just make people forget? Matthan didn't even stop for a second after he realized and rushed toward the boat. He wouldn't allow his sister to be hurt because of him.

His approach wasn't quiet as he jumped onto the boat, the Akuma attention instantly drawn to him. Laughter came out of their mouth as Matthan was instantly bombarded with a headache. He felt as if his brain was being split open. Looking up, he saw a cloud of memories above him. Showing the day he was kidnapped going into the following weeks.

He saw people filming along the docks and knew he couldn't transform. The only thing he could do was use his connection to the demon to slow the memories down. Trying to lock his memories away.

"Stop! Please don't show them!" Matthan screamed, clutching his head, trying to fight away the sleep. His voice ended up waking up everyone on the boat. At the moment, he didn't care. He was still trying to keep away his memories from Akuma.

"I wouldn't have had to show them if you had just talked to us. I reached out a hand, and you slapped it away. So now your secrets will be mine. By the way, they are currently being shown to everyone in Paris. This amok is quite a perfect addition to my powers." Secret Keeper," said grinning as she waved her hair back that had turned black because of her akumization.

'Tick-tock, your time is running out, Matthan. Are you really going to allow this? Soon, everyone will know what you did! Then I will have no more reason to hide!'

"You don't know what you're doing! I'm the only thing holding him back! Please don't make me reveal anything!" Matthan screamed, tears going down his face.

Expanding the cloud of memories, Secret Keeper noticed something interesting. People were forcing a young Matthan into an arena. Not even bothering with his clothes as only a hospital gown covered him. Revealing his arms and parts of his legs, you could see the fresh cuts and incisions that went into his very veins. Matthan's eyes looked dull as he fell onto the ground. Trying to force himself to his feet.