Do We Have A Deal

Matthan

Sitting on the edge of a building, Matthan watched police officers patrol around and inside the Dupain Cheng bakery. It wasn't a surprise to him. He knew they were there to take him in to jail, for questioning at the least. He figured the reason why they were waiting was because it would look bad on them if they tried taking a kid right after he was rescued. However, now they had a very good reason.

Matthan Dupain Cheng was a murderer. Even under the law, he committed a crime even if he didn't do it of his own free will. The duress defense only goes so far. Being a kid, he would probably be given a lesser sentence, plus the crime would probably be reduced to manslaughter. As long as he doesn't mention how many he killed. Abaddon might have hinted at more deaths, and if the police can hear the audio from the video that is probably being released, he could be in more trouble.

The only problem is Matthan didn't have any attention of staying in jail for any measure of time. If he had to, he would break out or even defend himself. He would never be in that situation again. Caged like some animal. He wouldn't go through that again.

'This wouldn't have happened if you had been more careful with charging that Akuma. What did you think would happen? We saw how its powers worked.'

'I wasn't thinking. My worry for Marinette took over, and I had to go find her. I'm just glad she wasn't on the boat. She must be on her way home right now or is searching for me.'

Matthan heard someone land on the building with him, and he didn't even need to turn around to know it was one of the heroes. The person landed sounded as if they fell on the roof, not climbed. He didn't even turn around, not feeling like fighting at the moment.

"Did you come to turn me in?"

"No, I came to talk." Ladybug said as she sat down next to Matthan.

"Talk? What would a hero want to talk about with me? I'm a criminal. You saved me once that doesn't make us friends either."

"I came at the request of Alya, the Ladyblogger. She was worried about you. Asked if I or Chat could talk to you."

"Ah, her, I'm not even friends with her. She is friends with my sister." Matthan said, watching as his parents were in the bakery crying and pleading at the officers to leave.

"Why do you do that?" Ladybug asked, looking at Matthan.

"Do what?"

"Push people away, act like you don't have friends. Like you aren't worthy of friendship."

Matthan stayed quiet for a moment as he sighed.

"Every friend I've ever had, I was forced to kill. In that place, something like friends was a burden." I said, causing her to gasp. "Don't act surprised. I know you saw my memory. I'm even certain you and Chat waited to jump in to save me. In hopes the memory would give you info on Abaddon."

"No, that isn't true. We wanted to save you sooner. It just took us a little while to get to you." Ladybug denied, placing a hand on my arm. "Are you certain you should say his name? Didn't he warn you about speaking about him?"

I turned toward Ladybug, finally looking at her. Her eyes showed geniune worry for my sake. Which seemed strange to see in someone I didn't even know. Ladybug was strange as I couldn't tell who she was. I found out Chat Noir's after he saved me the second time. Having met his civilian self, I was able to put the puzzle together. Shadowmoth was simple enough due to his link with his Akumas.