Shattered

Their marriage was a forced marriage with lots of misunderstandings created by her ex-in-laws and his sister and his sister's evil boyfriend, but it has been a few months now since they have started understanding each other, unaware of the fact that they are in love now.

Before they can realize or confess their love, destiny turns the tables,

Her ex-husband, who died on her wedding night, returns alive with memory loss.

Before they could understand the situations, Deshmukh, her ex-in-laws, blackmailed her emotionally and asked her to come to his house for a few days and take care of her ex-husband Mandar.

Raghav felt helpless, he knew that Deshmukha are her top priority, she wouldn't listen to him and left with Deshmukh.

He stayed up all night crying, breaking his whiskey bottles and cursing his fate,He wished he could puke out this pain, it's unbearable for him

"I will never regret you or say I wish I'd never met you. Because once upon a time you were exactly what I needed"

________________________

He calls Pallavi, she picks up the phone, it's been five long minutes, neither of them is uttering a word,
There's an ocean of silence between them and he's drowning in it.Only he knows how he's breathing without his presence beside her, only he knows how he's dealing with his insecurities but he never doubted her, Not for a second does he doubt her loyalty

"How are you", He finally asked.

"I...I am fine, just returned from the hospital, Mandar had an appointment so.. "

Raghav closed his eyes and let his tears flow, he didn't need to know about Mandar or his shitty routine, he was only asking about her,

"Good night Pallavi, pleasetake care of yourself", He hangs up the phone, if he talks further he will ended up crying his heart out.

He sits on the ground gulping down a bottle of whiskey, hoping it will ease his pain by taking him out of consciousness,

The bright rays of the sun fell on his face, he opened his eyes in pain, he stretched out his hand and gasped in pain, he had some wounds from broken bottles on his hand, the traces of his blood dried up but it still hurts, But alas she is not there to stare at him angrily and forcefully bandage his wounds.

He harshly wiped the traces of blood and covered them in his three piece suit but he could never hide the immense pain in his eyes,

Days passed but he didn't utter a single word, he kept on acting like a robot.

__________________________

"Pallavi please can you walk out to lunch with me I feel suffocated at home"

Raghav's eyes fell on a figure, he pulled the brake of his car.
Pallavi was sitting with Mandar in an open restaurant, he took out his phone from his pocket and was about to dial her number but he stopped and drove towards his mansion.

___________________________

The next day, his assistant Farhad knocks on the door of his room and asks him to come down as Pallavi's uncle Milind has come to visit him.

Raghav's eyes were swollen and red, his eyes reflected pain, farhad's heart ached to see his Anna like this.

Milind invites him for to a Marathi puja tomorrow, called Mangalagaur and told that Pallavi will fast and perform the puja for Raghav.