Part 4: The Enemy

I recommend you listen to the song Oblivion by M83 (feat. Susanne Sundfør) it is above or on the side.

We were given a location where Ultron could be

We were given a location where Ultron could be. During our few days in training and a long talk on the ride there, I've been updated about the Ultron issue. The fact that Ultron and his characteristics were created by Tony Stark doesn't surprise me. What did was that apparently, the Avengers had a run-in with the twins before on an earlier mission to extract Loki's scepter. The thing that gave me my powers. Man, if only I knew how dangerous that thing was beforehand. . .

Once we reach the Salvage Yard at the African Coast, we knew we would be late. Steve gave us our orders and we prepare ourselves to exit the aircraft. After we land on the cargo ship, we all sneak inside. And all I could think about was how this is going to be my chance to see my friends again.

Bruce stayed behind the aircraft instead of coming with us. Natasha and Clint run in a different direction, separating themselves from us. The rest of us go in the original way like Steve planned even though Tony tries arguing about making a dramatic entrance.

Inside the ship, we hear faint echoes close by. I teleport around to check for anything suspicious but unfortunately, we end up finding Ultron the hard way. A man's scream rings through our ears and we meet Ultron and Pietro and Wanda at one of the metal bridges.

I teleport myself beside Steve just as Tony starts a conversation with Ultron. Oh, this is not gonna go well. Meanwhile, Natasha and Clint get theirselves to their positions to sneak around Ultron and the twins.

The twins, I think, they're here.

But with Ultron?

"Ah, Junior," Tony still got his entrance. "You're gonna break your old man's heart."

"If I have to," Ultron says numbly.

"We don't have to break anything," Thor speaks, confidence ringing in his voice.

"Clearly you never made an omelet," Ultron jokes with his dull, emotionless tone. His dry humor must be hereditary. It sends shivers down my spine but I start to tense up by the fact that this intelligent and dangerous machine has my friends on his side.

"He beat me by one second," Tony says facetiously. Thor and I share a look, the same confused facial expression towards Tony. I guess I'm not the only one who dislikes him for his sense of humor. Really? Right now you make a joke?

Pietro steps towards us from behind Ultron. "Ah, this is funny Mr. Stark," Pietro says, mocking Tony. "Is more comfortable, like old times?" I follow where Pietro's eyes meet as they look somewhere else other than Tony. Then it clicks.

He means the bombings.

"This was never my life," Tony quickly defends himself with a more serious tone in his voice after he realizes what Pietro meant by "old times" for himself. There's a small pang in my heart, but the tremor that goes through my chest burns like I'm trying to swallow fire.