Part 6: The Help

AN: The song I'd Love to Change the World by Jetta (Matstubs remix) is above or on the side.

After all of this talk revenge and how I'm the enemy, it still dawns on me that Pietro would tell me to stay safe? Why would he want me to stay safe? It doesn't make sense, but if it involves what Ultron has planned, I am positively willing to fin...

After all of this talk revenge and how I'm the enemy, it still dawns on me that Pietro would tell me to stay safe? Why would he want me to stay safe? It doesn't make sense, but if it involves what Ultron has planned, I am positively willing to find out.

I teleported myself back to the Avengers' tower before we decided to stay low at a secluded location to get our bearings. A secret location no one knew about but Fury.

Clint's house.

Where his pregnant wife and two kids reside.

I wasn't surprised that Fury had another secret up his sleeve. I mean, he's kept my powers secret. Though no one seemed to question Clint's family, they all rather question me for about an hour about what happened to me. They realized came to the conclusion that there wasn't much to worry about (since they were planning to rescue me) besides the fact that Ultron wanted me. They were left with that big unanswered question. Why did he want me? I told them that I hope to find out that reason for myself.

But maybe it was worth it to see Pietro's true colors.

The others are outside helping out. Thor decided to go to space or wherever to find more information on what Ultron wants. To pass some time, I decide to walk around the house, looking at the pictures framed on the walls. The ones of Clint, his wife, and his kids and how happy they all look in every picture. There's one of each of his kids, one where they're both together running in a grass meadow, and one of Clint and his wife on their wedding day and much more.

It seems that Clint has a life that most of us on the team wants. A happy, peaceful life. A family. Something a person whom always answers the other end of the call, dedicating their life to saving the world will never have.

Clint's lovely wife walks up to me with a glass of water in hand. "Well, I don't know your name," she says matter-of-factly, handing me the glass.

I take it and smile at her, giving her my thanks right before I start gulping down the water. How long has it been since I had anything to eat or drink? "I'm Agent—" I pause in retrospect, "Well I'm the newest Avenger, Andi Brave."

Knowing she's a mother, her smile feels more warm and humble. A kind of a smile that a mother would give her own child. It feels more comfortable that way. "Well, call me Laura, Andi."

I hand her the now empty glass. "Thank you again, Laura."

She nodded her head and smiled again before taking back the glass.

I offer her my hand to shake, but thats when she wraps her arm around me in an embrace. "We're a family of huggers," she says.

"Oh." A moment later, she lets go and I nod my head towards her baby bump. "Can I?"