Part 7: The Vision

AN: I recommend you listen to the song No Strings On Me (Ultron's Theme) above or on the side.

The way back from being in too deep of an act is harder then we realize. We don't even realize the point of how far we are in too deep of any act. That is, unless we have our breadcrumbs. As we put ourselves on the spot, we try to defend that spot we're standing on because we got ourselves in too deep. We defend that spot because it is what we feel is right, because that is what we have to do.

Even if it's not what we have to do, or there's just no other way to do so, some people have to make sure that their way is the right way. There is a line that has to be drawn when acting on instinct or thought. Doing more than planning. When to do what is easy and what is right. That is why we have to stop Tony from getting his hands on the cradle.

The twins, Steve, and I enter the Avengers penthouse, immediately heading for the tech room. We enter overhearing phrases Bruce and Tony use as they try to operate the cradle. Cords are hardwired from computer systems that connect to the cradle as it sits in the middle of the room.

Steve stomps inside the room to announce our arrival. "I'm only going to say it once."

"How about nonce," Tony says, trying not to direct the issue. He continues to stare at all of his tech as if he didn't acknowledge us at all. He walks from one side of the room to the other, then faces at the front of the cradle.

"Shut it down!" Steve demands.

"Nope, not gonna happen," Tony brushes him off.

I take my place standing beside the twins so I notice their body language along with Steve's. From the corner of my eye, I see Pietro shift his weight from one foot to the other. I wrap my hand around his arm to hold him back as he takes a step forward. I could understand him wanting to do something, wanting to step in to stop Tony. But just because the problem is Tony being stubborn, we shouldn't do something that only causes him to be more stubborn, it isn't the time.

"You don't understand what you're doing," Steve explains.

"And you do?" Bruce asks Steve, even though he focuses his eyes on someone else. "She's not in your head?" We all could tell he's still very angry at Wanda as he points directly at her.

Wanda walks in front of Steve. She faces Bruce apologetically, recalling her manipulating his mind. "I know you're angry."

"Oh, we're way passed that," Bruce says in a beastly manner, "I can choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

My eyes stay glued on Bruce at that point.

"Banner, after everything that's happened," Steve says, trying to take back the room.

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony shouts.

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda shouts back at him, trying to warn us all.