-4-

⚔︎ Rings and Caves ⚔︎

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Renly didn't really remember the day the world changed. She had after all only been a young child when Uther Pendragon died and his brother took over the throne.

She did however remember the years after, how fast everything changed, and how much she lost in the name of the new king. Her parents had been executed a few years later when ruling through fear had become all the rage. They had been poor but happier than most, at least from what little Renly could tell. Then one day her father was accused of stealing, and her mother had been caught in an altercation after his death, her father was hanged in the square, and her mother's throat was slit.

Renly had kept herself hidden, she had learned how to keep herself alive on the mean streets of Londinium, and by fourteen she had mastered the art of stealing from Blacklegs in her own quiet sort of rebellion, that was when Bedevere had found her, and took her in.

He gave her the closest thing to family she'd had in years.

After entering the caves Renly jumped off her horse handing the reigns over to Percy, he and Margot disappeared further into the cave leading the horses away.

After watching the two walk away speaking quietly to one another Renly turned around and faced the burlap sack that was Arthur Pendragon, she didn't stay to watch him take in the room opting instead to grab Excalibur from Rubio and walk straight into see Bedevere and Goosefat.

When she walked into the kitchen, Bedevere sat in the middle of the room pealing an egg and Goosefat stood cooking.

Renly put the sword in front of Bedevere making him look up, she shot him a big 'I told you so' grin and Goosefat a wink.

"Just a heads up, that guy, makes you want to tear your hair out."

Then she paused looking over Bedevere with a teasing smile, he was already rolling his eyes at the incoming joke.

"Well, that is, if you have hair."

"So you have a lot in common then."

Bedevere shot back making Renly gasp in mock offense.

She shot him another smile and grabbed an apple from the table before moving further into the room and sitting down on a table in the corner.

This was going to be a disaster.

When Arthur arrived into the room he looked around taking in everything, his eyes lingered on Renly for a beat where she sat on a table slumped against the wall eating an apple, before he focused all of his attention on Bedevere.