-7-

⚔︎ Waking and Living ⚔︎

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Waking up was a nightmare in and of itself. Going from fighting for your life surrounded by dangers to opening your eyes and finding yourself in a completely different place was not only disconcerting but completely terrifying.

Renly had woken up screaming, throwing punches left and right at everyone and everything she came into contact with.

It had taken her several minutes to finally calm down and realize where she was.

Then she was left with terror in her heart and vague flashes of memories to decipher.

But one thing had been clear. When the sword would be drawn from stone, her fate would be set, and there was nothing she could do about it.

When Arthur awoke things were far less dramatic than when Renly had.

He stood on one knee, leaning his weight against the sword which he had shoved into the ground.

Then he fell.

He lay on the ground unconscious. Covered in scars and bruises.

Renly wondered how big of a part he had lost of himself in there, and she prayed that whatever piece of him he had left behind in the Darklands belonged there.

They sat on the boat on their way back home.

Margot was tending to Arthur's wounds, and Bedevere stood above them listening to their conversation carefully.

Renly had moved further away, she sat on the edge of the boat, looking down at the water that rippled beneath them.

"Did you see everything you needed to see?"

Margot asked Arthur.

The question echoed through Renlys voice as the mage girl spoke. Another voice was replaced with Margot's as it asked her the same thing over and over.

"I saw enough."

Arthur answered his voice tired and unusually serious.

His eyes flickered down at Margot's wrist where her bracelet shined in the sun.

"The mage tower. It's the same as the one in Camelot."

"The higher Vortigern builds it, the more powerful he becomes, and when it is finished, he will have the same power as Mordred."

Margot bit out trying to convey the importance of her words.

"That is why the sword has revealed itself now. Where there's poison, there's a remedy."