-5-

⚔︎ Nightmares and Scars ⚔︎

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Nightmares had plagued Renly since her parents had died. It would have been expected had the dreams been of her father's corpse hanging from the noose or her mother's throat being slit but instead her dreams were of magical swords in stones, snakes, and blood, and knifes through her gut. They were of people she had never met and things she didn't understand and they would not go away. They followed her wherever she went.

Finding out her dreams weren't just dreams but glimpses of a prophecy made long ago had been quite the revelation for Renly. It had only been a year ago when a mage sent by Merlin had come to Renly and Bedevere and told them of the future and the role they both played in it.

Finding out you have a fate set in stone and coming to terms with it were two very different things and Renly did not truly understand, she did not truly believe until she was sent into the Darklands.

Renly sat in the kitchen with Rubio, Margot, and Percy.

Rubio and Percy were talking animatedly with one another while Renly and Margot sat quietly having a mental conversation.

One where Renly was smirking raising a brow at Margot and Percy's hands being subtly intertwined underneath the table while Margot was glaring at her trying to keep from blushing.

As she sat there Renly wondered how often the stone-faced mage actually blushed and felt quite proud of herself for achieving such a reaction from her.

She was glad that the two of them had found one another. Margot deserved someone, considering how much she always seemed to be carrying on her shoulders.

"Why didn't you jump in Ren?"

Rubios question pulled Renly out of the mental teasing of her friend and she turned her attention to the platinum blonde man beside her.

"I wanted to keep a safe distance between me and the magic sword."

She said in a 'duh' sort of voice.

Percy looked at her suspiciously.

"So your excuse is cowardness?"

He asked amusement coloring his voice.

"Exactly."

Renly answered pointing her finger at him.

"Yeah, I don't buy it."

Rubio said taking a swig from his cup.

Renly sighed and leaned back against her chair looking up at the ceiling as she so often did when trying to work something out.