chapter two

Yukta pov
After getting ready I walked outside my chamber to reach the throne room. Outside the huge door of the throne room some guards were standing after seeing me they opened the door for me while announcing in a loud voice " Rajkumari yukta padhar rahi ha" (Rajkumari yukta is coming ).

Inside the room, there stand many huge strong and cunning men all looking at me with sharp eyes. some eyes show respect and some hate that can make anyone shiver. But am I just anyone of course "no"

And in the middle of everyone on the highest throne, my lovely parents are sitting and giving me their smiles . I ignored every single stare or glare and walked in front of them and then bowed while joining my hand  " Raja aur rani ko mera pranam "( my greeting to the king and queen).

They nodded and said " Sada sukhi raho " ( always be happy ) and at that very moment the door opened and my brother walked in wearing his royal clothes with a smirk on his face. His eye travelled around the throne room and stopped when he spotted me. He gave me a gentle smile and greeted our parents in the same manner as I did.

After that, we both walked toward our throne and sat there. Suddenly my father stood up from his throne and announced in a loud "Ap sabhi logo ka aj yaha is subh avsar par ana ke liye dhanyavad  ( thank you to all of you for coming here on this auspicious day ).

"Today is a very special day for me because today my daughter is turning 18 years old. And hereby will be considered as an adult. means today is her 18 birthday and I am feeling very overjoyed. But there is also a bit of sadness as I also have important news that needs to be announced. "

At that moment my father looked toward me while giving me a sad smile. I don't know why but now I am feeling a bit uneasy. He masked his worry and again wore his emotionless face and said " You all know that our kingdom is not on good terms with the kingdom of Yota. It's been days since I got news of the border sent to me by the commander saying most of our land is seized by the kingdom of Yota. We had tried our best by sending our best soldier and mage but still, they got defeated and at last, I got no choice but to send a letter of a peace treaty to the kingdom of Yota and today I got the letter from there in the morning saying some unexpected terms for peace treaty ".
After hearing this I got a chill down my spine and the same goes for everyone.

It is known to everyone that the kingdom of Yota is the most powerful in the world it is not only rich but also a kingdom where magic flows in the veins of even the commoner. The most astonishing thing is the royal family of that kingdom is very secluded. No one knows much about the royalty even their kingdom people. The only thing known about them is they are ruthless. It's not like I believe in that rumour but the power this kingdom holds is not something to ignore. It is said that royalty can destroy any kingdom with a flick of their finger.

Our kingdom is small but it is not weak this land is rich with minerals, holiness and history. And our royal family also had a secret that was unknown to everyone.
That is why we still held our ground. I know our god looks over us from above. He believes in us to protect his holy land.

I again become conscious of my surroundings as my father again started speaking after a long pause"  The terms for peace treaty is that we have to give 1/4 of our crop to them that is produced this year "

Hmmm... That is a reasonable term I thought but again my father said in a sad and shaky voice " The second term is that they had asked my daughter our princess Yukta Singhania to marry their son".
That got me i started fidgeting in my seat and digging my nails in my palm while clenching my hand in a tight fist. I masked my emotions and lowered my head.

My brother stood up from his seat and shouted " No! Yukta is not going anywhere ".
My father looked at my brother and said in a calm voice also clenching his fist just like me " Abhay singhania! Don't shout in a throne room and try to keep your calm " His voice sounded very tired and exhausted he was very stressed about all this.
My mother is also looking pale and has a teary eye. She is looking at me with an expressive eye like she wants to say something to me but holding herself back. I know she is feeling bad for me.

After seeing the condition of my parents. I am feeling very helpless. But for them, I tried to become strong. I believe in god he is trying to make me strong by bringing obstacle in my path and He believe in me.  I will do everything and will become a better version of myself.

I stood up from my seat and said in a calm and strong voice while taking control of my inner Turmoil "I accept this marriage

That's it for today my cuties ❤😊
Every day holds some happy and sad moments. It depends on you how you face it.