Opposite Day

This story is an opposite of the normal. (Example: instead of Pamela being unpopular she's extremely popular, Ken is really serious instead of always joking around.)

Jackson stood happily by his locker, hair slicked back and smooth and his clothes all wrinkled. Jackson wasn't popular, but he wasn't unpopular either. He felt someone brush against him as they walked by. Exer Campbell was extremely hated. He didn't know why, but that kid was super shy and wouldn't talk to anyone.

"S-s-sorry..." Exer was so quiet I could barely hear him over the hallway chatter. "Oh, hello! I'm Jackson, but you can call me Jack!" I smile at Exer, and his eyes widen. "H-hi?" He rubbed the back of his neck in confusion and started walking away.

I was about to turn around when I saw a golden-haired boy bump into Exer. They both fell over backwards and Exer landed on his ass and the blonde kid landed on his back. Exer looked at the kid's face and went as red as a rose.

"I-I'm sorry Miller!" Exer stood up and held his hand out to help (who I recognized as David Miller) David stand up. He had golden locks, but that was practically the only color on him. David mainly wore charcoal black and slate grey. I watched as David stood up furiously and shoved Exer. "You FUCKING asshole! Don't touch me!" David glared and pushed Exer again. Damn that kid has anger issues.

"Oh I am so sorry!" Exer covered his face and looked fearfully through his fingers at David. David turned and stormed down the hall. Exer looked around anxiously and he walked quickly into the bathroom. I turned around and opened my locker. There were pictures of me and my grandparents, puffy stickers, and cassettes.

I pulled out a cassette and put it in my walkman. I put the headset on my head and I Think We're Alone Now by Tiffany started playing. I started humming along to the song and I looked at my surroundings. Ricky and Marty were handing out flyers for a bake sale, and they were laughing with some students. Ricky and Marty were throwing little pieces of homemade lemon bars into the air so people could catch them.

Norman was leaning against his lockers, editing the school newspaper. His clothes were totally mismatched, but he had a good attitude. He took his newsboy cap off and tipped his head at me. I guess that's how he said hello. Brenda Miller, David's twin was also wearing clothing worthy of a gothic vampire.

She was chewing grape bubblegum and blew a lilac bubble and popped it. I heard high heels clicking on the floor as I saw Pamela Lopez walk by. She was a bit of a jerk but I was head over heels for her. She had her wavy hair pulled into a low ponytail. She had a pink dress on with white lace socks and shiny lavender heels that matched her fluffy lavender coat.

She walked over to Brenda. They were friends you could say. I mean they tolerated one another. "Hey Battie." She called Brenda 'Battie' because Brenda looked like a bat with all the lacy black she was wearing. Brenda glanced at Pamela. "Hey asshole." Brenda called Pam 'asshole' because Brenda was an asshole.

"You are so rude Battie, I'm just trying to be nice." Pamela retorted as she flipped her hair. Brenda glared back, she didn't respond but blew another bubble. Pamela walked off but she dropped her pearl bracelet. I quickly scooped it up.

"Pamela! Wait up!" I hurried after her and she turned around. I held out the bracelet. "You dropped this." I rubbed the back of my neck with my free hand. She smiled. "Thank you Jason, isn't that sweet!" She grabbed the bracelet and pecked me on the cheek. I felt my face heat up. As she started walking off, she turned her head at me and smiled, "your clothes are wrinkled Jason."