Stranger Things Pt. 2

WARNING: BLOOD, CATCHY MUSIC, JACKSON BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL.

With a clicking swoosh and a shriek from Brenda, a clawed hand grabbed her ankle and yanked. Brenda's right leg was pulled into the gap, and she quickly grasped at the grass and weeds to prevent her whole body falling, but she was losing her grip.

Jolie flung herself next to the crack and grabbed Brenda's arms. "Oh hell no! Not my only female friend!" Jolie yanked up, groaning in effort. Pamela grabbed Jolie and pulled backwards, trying to help Jo pull Brenda back above ground. Ron, who was the tallest, got on his knees and reached into the gap. He tried to pull the hand off of Brenda's ankle.

"David!" Brenda screamed as the hand gave Brenda a mighty tug, pulling Brenda into the quake. David looked like he just got slapped. "Hell no, you give me my sister back!" He yelled and before Exer could grab him, he jumped into the ground.

"Oh shit, oh shit, OH SHIT!!!" Jackson yelled. Ron sighed in determination. "We must get them back." And as if he did this everyday, he casually hopped into the crack. Jackson hesitated, but Pamela grabbed his hand and they jumped in.

"Oh Lord." Jolie muttered and shut her eyes as she dropped into the gap. Exer glanced around, and he was the last one to jump into the ground.

Ploomp! Exer landed softly on some dead grass, and had a head rush. He looked down and saw the night sky. But it was weird. It was like he was upside down. With a sudden pull, Ron yanked Exer into a standing position. "Thanks." The brunette smiled quietly.

The party all stood awkwardly together. David, Brenda, and Ken were nowhere to be seen. The sky was dark and flakes of decay flew gently on the non-existent breeze around them. Bloody smoke flurried around the sky as sharp-toothed bats screamed. Exer took a deep breath, and a sulfuric stench reached his nostrils, making him gag and choke as the scent drowned his mind.

Exer concentrated and blew air out of his nose as forcefully as he could, and when he did that his ears popped and rang, but his lungs cleared up. "Footprints!" Jolie pointed to the decaying grass and faint imprints were visible. They hurriedly followed the tracks. Suddenly, the tracks stopped. There were no more, and as they glanced around, there was nothing.

"Guys?!" Pamela called. There was no reply. A low growl rumbled from Exer's left. He glanced over and saw a thick gooey trail of dark red. Blood red. Without hesitation, Exer walked smooth and swiftly after the trail. As he got closer a low rumbling was heard. Along with a squelching noise.

As he turned past a creaking tree, the others quietly following suit, Exer let out a breath of horror. Brenda was gasping for air, hyperventilating, and obviously too paralyzed to scream, as a Demegorgon bent over her, munching wetly on her leg.

Warm blood oozed out of her leg, face contorted in pain, and she looked like she was about to pass out. There was no sign of David or Ken. Pamela whipped her head around, tore a tree branch off the nearest tree, and with a cry of rage, she plunged the wood into the Demegorgon's back.

"Not my bestie bitch!" Pamela bellowed as the creature screeched in pain. It twisted it's head around and snapped at Pamela. Then the Demegorgon opened it's mouth wide and screamed at her, an unearthly rumble from deep within it's throat. But that was the monster's mistake.

Pamela used all her weight, and leaning on the plank of wood, she shoved the splintered object down it's throat. The demegorgon screeched in pain, trying to pull the wood out, but it couldn't. After several moments of struggling gasps, it gave a final shudder and keeled over, dead.

Pamela rushed over to Brenda, pushing her best friend's fox-red hair out of her face. "Bre? Are you okay?" Pamela asked nervously. Brenda opened her eyes. "Girl, that... was... the coolest shit... I have ever seen." Brenda croaked, and with a wince, sat up. Ron kneeled next to Brenda, pulled his bandana off, and wrapped it around her leg.

"Hopefully that help." Ron smiled warmly at Brenda and with a tremendous tug, he heaved her to her feet. "Ow, ow, ow!" The redhead whimpered as she wrapped her arm around Pamela's shoulder to stop herself from teetering over again.

"You okay Brenda?" Jackson walked skeptically over to Brenda, trying to make sure his friend was alright. Jackson quickly wrapped his arms around the happily surprised teenager, who hugged him back warmly. Jackson released Brenda and Pamela nodded at Jackson.

"Alright. Let's go find your brother and my friend." Jackson declared, and then as if he was the main character of a paranormal comic book series who could make the future with a diary from his departed mother and a possible secret long lost brother who was actually his enemy, Jackson stared into the distance dramatically, hands on his hips and his right foot propped up on a stone as he stared into the crimson red lightning and black cumulus clouds.

"Boy, stop posing, let's go!" Jolie grinned at Jackson and they all traversed into the distance, Brenda somewhat limping with the help of Pamela.

~--*An Hour or Two Later...*--~

"Ughhh... Jo-Jube, can we sit down now pleaseeeee..." Jolie could practically hear her best friend whining, but he wasn't here. They hadn't found him, David, or Timothy yet. (🍭 Jo-Jube is a play in words. A JuJube is a type of candy. I think Ken would call Jolie something along that line. 🍬)

"Any sign so far?" Ron asked blandly as he trudged through the spoiled leaves. "I want my besties back..." Jolie sighed. She missed Timothy and Ken. Exer froze. He raised a steady hand and pointed at a ravine northwest to them. "Someone is over there. I feel it." He murmured and quickly, but quietly made his way over to the rocky gash in the ground.

When they got over there and looked in the ravine, they saw two demodogs and a Demegorgon. One of the demodogs was dead, the Demegorgon looked like it was hanging on by a thread and the final Demodog was looking like it was regreting it's life desicons. Stood in front of the demon spawn, was David, his raincoat off and jacket shredded, jeans dirty, and cuts on his face. He was breathing heavily, fair hair all messed up.

"COME ON, COME GET ME! IS THAT THE BEST YOU GOT?!" David yelled at the creatures, brandishing a heavy stone. The demegorgon took a dive for him, and David slammed the rock on it's head, and with a roar of defeat, the Demegorgon was down. Now David had to get the final Demodog, who was REALLY regretting it's life choices by now especially since it's buddies were dead as a doornail.

Exer felt his heart speed up, and cheeks heat up as he watched David do a twirly-pirouette to dodge a vicious chomp from the Demodog. Bam! David smashed the stone into the monster's back, and then onto it's head, and the final Demodog died with a groan of defeat.

David straightened up, breathing heavily, he wiped sweat off his forehead, and glancing up, he saw the party peeking over the ridge. David grinned. "Brenda, you are okay! Thank God!" Exer reached his arm down and pulled David up, who hugged his sister when he got next to them.

"Okay. Two down, one more to go."

©2023, All Rights Reserved