Dark Red

This story is inspired off of a popular horror movie. I'll tell you which one at the end, so that it doesn't spoil the story. :)

WARNING: BLOOD, FEAR, GORE, MURDER.
THIS STORY IS BETTER FOR OLDER AUDIENCES, BECAUSE OF THE MURDER, AND IT OS INSPIRED OFF OF A RATED R MOVIE. BUT IT'S ULTIMATELY YOUR CHOICE. :)

The laughter rang in Exer's ears. The students laughed at him. Haha, haha, haha. Exer pulled his knees up to his chest, and he pulled his hair. "Stop! Leave me a-alone!" He stuttered, letting go of his frizzy hair, putting his hands in front of his face.

The crowd was swaying around him, panic flooding his brain. Colors flashed, people yelled and laughed. "Stop! Leave him alone!" Exer heard faintly as someone crouched beside him, putting their warm hand on his own. The chattering and laughter rang in his head momentarily, but it stopped.

The voice spoke again. "I hope you guys are proud! Making fun of Exer like that! What did he do?!" There were a couple murmurs and one student grumbled; "Well he... He's a boy kisser!" The others nodded. The voice sighed. "And what is wrong with that?" The voice pestered.

"Uhm... Gay?" The crowd murmured. "I see. Go." The voice demanded stonly, and the group dispersed. The voice bent next to Exer. "Hey, you okay Ex?" David Miller tilted Exer's face to look at him. Exer breathed a shaky sign of relief and smiled at his best friend. "Thank you." David smiled, but sighed. "Ex, you need to start standing up for yourself."

David hoisted Exer to his feet. Exer straightened his sweater. "Look. Come to the prom with me, and then maybe you'll stand up for yourself, what do you say?" David blushed. Exer nodded. "Okay."

When they go to class, the morning announcements came on. "Hello students! Tonight is the senior prom, so get ready for some fun! Also, we will be checking everyone at the door for weapons, judging the deaths of two students and our vice principal. Rest in peace. Enjoy your day!"

And with a click, the speaker went off. The teacher started teaching chemistry, and the class listened. When school was done, Exer went home and up to his attic. Then he dug around in some boxes and found some fabric. He took out a needle and thread, and in an hour, he made a ruffled pink shirt.

David knocked on his door in a baby blue suit. They made it to the Prom and walked in together. Everyone stared at them. Whispers broke out, and Exer glanced down. David took Exer's hand and pulled him over to a table. The room was decorated with a disco ball, blue and white balloons, streamers, glitter and silver paper twists.

There was red punch and little snacks. People looked at them. David picked up a ballot on the table. "Let's vote for ourselves, how about it?" Exer glanced at the ballot, then around, then he nodded. David smiled, checked the box, and put it in the hands of Brenda, who was picking up the ballots.

"So... How about the murders recently? I'm surprised they are still holding school, along with prom after those students and the vice principal died." David picked at his fingers as he said this, and he glanced at Exer with his ice blue eyes. But although his eyes were colored with cold, a warmth and kindness emitted from them.

Exer shrugged. "I can't believe they died. You are right. I hope nothing bad happens..." Exer added, squeezing the table cloth, as he looked away from David, concerned. David reached over and touched the brunette's arm, who jumped and looked back at David. "It's going to be okay. They are checking for weapons. Nothing will happen." David murmured soothingly to Exer.