Your eyes

♪'Cause there were pages turned with the bridges burned♪

Avyaan's pov-

"Let's go back."
She mumbled weakly. Her voice twisted my head towards her. Her face was glowing under the moonlight . A trembling solace filled my insides as I walked out the room silently.

The war had just begun.

I could feel her sliding down with me. My body felt heavier as I reached the gate. An unknown possession held me causing me to lean on the car , I could barely make myself stable. Everything was killing me slowly now , I could still feel the wound of betrayal as fresh as yesterday.

This was my story and I still didn't know how to narrate the lines to someone. I wanted to be clear to myself too , I wanted to know myself, I wanted to feel my emotions without anyone's invading mine. Every inch of me was slowly breaking down with the imaginary weight I was carrying.

I could feel her warmth near my body , her tiny figure against my bulkiness made me chuckle slightly. Her hot breath was fanning my tight chest. Her hand found a place over my cheat , I flinched as my breathing got shallower.

Her lips danced in a rhythmic wave as she questioned

"Why did you agree to this?" her fingers moving between me and her as if indicating the distance we had.

The moon was glowing brightly and today , I wanted her to see me. See my fangs and reds eyes and lips , hungry for some animal in the surrounding forest.

So , I growled , loudly. My voice shaked at her presence but she didn't. Her body relaxed against me , holding my biceps and teasingly she stepped in closer.

A shiver ran down my spine as she whispered-

" You don't need to show me your worth , Avyaan. You can burn down this empire alone but not me. I am already burnt and your glowing fire would only satisfy my hunger but would never be able to distance me from you. Simply because I , need you. I need your royal blood to drip down my thirsty tongue, filling my void desire. And I know your empire needs me as well even though it stands there all tall and glorified , shining and prosperous. It needs me , cause you're fated to me and I'm to you. So , neither do I expect something from you nor should you , cause everything that is happening to us is the future we had craved for ourselves in the past , the near future is yet to be survived so let's work as a team. For you and me , individually."

Her words meant so much , they held depths but for now I wanted to take them lightly , find solace in them. Pretend as if I was kid being advised on something I would never do.

I didn't want to talk to her , I wanted her to tell me more , more and more. About anything , anything and everything so that I could only listen. My heart raced at an inhuman rate , tears trickeled down along with beads of sweat. I wanted a way out of this heaviness. I wanted to wash off this smell of burnt arms and fingers , the ashes of my burnt home which were smudged on my entire soul. I wanted to tell her that my blood would taste like rust and nothing like fresh iron. She would hate that taste nibbling on her sweet tongue, forever.

I drew in a sharp breath before placing my face on the crook of her neck , her rose perfume hit my nostrils rather defensively. My eyes rolled back at the feeling, I felt her shifting under me. Her hands were playing on my kurta's fabric feeling my wild heartbeats.

No matter how much I hated her , how much I hated this political arrangement we had between us which had made my hatred towards her grow even further , I loved this. I loved how her skin felt hot under my cold touch , how her warmth was making my burnt parts glow. I felt timid under her presence , my imperfections felt perfect and my soul longed to whisper in her ears that I didn't want to hurt her.

But suddenly my dark side started clearing the delusional fog and my eyes darker with the thought of her near me. I wanted to rip her apart .

My muscular hands groped the back of her , I watched silently as she bounced back with the increasing pressure. She wasn't a little mouse struggling under a cat's hold but another cat. Her paws we're equally sharp and bold enough to attack back. She knew I would do this and I knew the blade would be pointed right under my chin.

We know us so well, little rose. I smiled devilishly at her. And surprisingly I could picture her lips curving her under the moonlight. A lioness. I whispered further as I could feel it send vibrations to her skin.

"I don't know you but I could figure out this much that you have secrets too. Your and my secrets are so dark and heinous that they could turn a bright lovely morning sky into a
stormy dark night in a second. But inspite of all the wounds we would have on our bodies , we have to work together. I'm inevitable but sometimes it's just an irony that sticks to my name. I know you're the same too , somewhere or the other. You can cover your skin under facades but what about your eyes? They're burning , burning with the same fire I feel alive in , little one."