Issue 0: Opening The Impossible Door

It's April 11, 2080.

Years since the "Final Trick" which jumpstarted the appearance of supernatural phenomena and the vigilante boom.

A young man left his shared apartment in uptown Sunrise City, California. A city that replaced the destroyed Los Angeles. This young man was 15. He had dark hair, a slightly buzzed cut on the sides, and he wore jeans, a t-shirt, and a cheap basic jacket.

(Teenage lab hand: Issac Y. Geraldton)

He raced to the bus stop, believing he was late, but it was simply his phone's clock running ahead

Issac:(looks for the bus)

On the nearby bench, Issac saw a man in a completely black suit. Black shirt, bowtie, gloves, surgical mask, and glasses. This man was staring at a stopwatch with a briefcase between his legs.

Issac: Hey, dude! Did I miss the bus?

Man:(looks up at Issac)

Man:(shakes head)

Issac:(sigh of relief)

Taking a seat beside the man, Issac pulls out the breakfast bag one of his roommates made for him.

(stomach growls)

Issac: Hm? Are you hungry?

Man:....(nods)

Issac pulls out a banana and gives the rest of the breakfast to the man.

Issac: He usually makes too much for me. I can get by with this.

As the man takes the bag, Issac's bus arrives.

Issac: Later.

As he takes off, the man turns back to his stopwatch, only to lose interest. He was stuck glancing at the bag of breakfast and the bus Issac was in.

Man:... Fascinating...

Issac raced inside Cloud Tech. A rising technology development company with several military contracts.

This young man was clever, but not smart enough to be part of any development of tech. That's where his roommates and the head engineers of the company come in.

A pair of twins. Both are the same age as Issac and have a combined IQ of 600.

(Cloud Tech's heads of development: Mandy & Scott Treytion)