Chapter 6

Minji's friends are not the perfect, or the neat or the tidy kind... her friends are those with enough love in their hearts to fight for and defend what is right and good.

And eventhough they always get on her nerves, she loves them truly, probably more than she have loved anyone in this world.

Currently, Yujin, Jake and Kai are exchanging playfuly banters to each other. Their earsplitting exchanges irritates Minji the most, she wanted to complain but that won't get anywhere.

She observed Yujin, the girl is grinning like a fool, Minji thought she would skip school today for the reason that her cheek was swollen due to the welt left by someone the girl despises

Hanni taps her shoulder, piquing her curiosity, "She's Yujin?" The girl whispers

"Yes, why?" Minji's eyebrows raised and arched slightly by Hanni's question

"She's pretty,"

Minji steered away, "Yeah, that's what the students say,"

Hanni's forehead creases by that comment, "You don't find her pretty?"

"Nameless, she's my friend!" Minji exclaimed

"And you don't find your friends pretty?" Hanni asks innocently

Minji took a deep breath, brows lowered and knit together, "I guess they are pretty, why are you telling me this."

"Nothing."

"For someone reticent, you talk a lot." She rests her elbows on the table and clasps her hands together under her chin

Hanni thought she should say more, but she's not sure what else to say, then they lapse into silence with Minji intensely staring at her

She was the first to break the eye contact and steer away, acting busy with her notes.

Minji scoffs, an amused smile etching her lips.

The room fell silent, and Minji wondered why Jake, Yujin and Kai stops with their playful exchanges.

She immediately regretted when she avert her gaze towards the three. They were looking at the front, grabbing her attention.

Two people were standing firm, looking straight at Minji's widened eyes. She froze on her seat.

The air tensed, she couldn't breathe, being in the same room as them ignites something so dreadful Minji has been trying to lock inside for years.

Hanni felt Minji stiffened beside her. She pondered what was happening. Why did the students fell silent? What is this eerie feeling?

Wonyoung grabbed Minji's hand from the back without looking at her, and that's when Minji flinched.

"Everyone, out! Except the students at the back," A man in his 20's ordered.

Hanni's gaze steers from Minji to the guy. "He looks like you,"

Minji wasn't hearing anything except the rapid beating of her heart, she steady her breath and try to calm the panic. She put on a fake smile, Hanni noticed how her lips quievered in the process before Minji stands up.

"Mom, Taehyung. What brought you here?" She bowed her head, and so did the others. Hanni felt left out hence she went along with them

"We needed to talk to you," Taehyung says calmly

"Can't we discuss that at hom-" Her words trails off by the sound of her mother's voice

"I won't be home later,"