[Chapter 09]

"If ever the world around you is against your will, no need to worry, because I'm always here for you, no matter what.."

~

The moment Jihoon wrapped his blazer around your waist to cover up the red stain on your skirt, your already widened eyes, widens even more in utter shock when he suddenly holds your hand with his and intertwined it.

"Let's go.", He muttered blunty.

Dragging you to the hallways, the stares once again make you somewhat nervous. It's not because you don't want for Jihoon to hold you and protect you from eveybody but it's all because of the looks they gave you as if you were a shameful person in this school.

You felt Jihoon squeezed your hand comfortingly and it made you sigh in relief. Aside from the suffocating situation you are in right now, you were thankful to have Jihoon by your side even though to the stated fact that you still dislike him.

But how can you dislike the guy you've been fighting with for years when he, himself was comforting you in a situation like this?

He's been by your side.

He walked faster than before and within a blink of an eye, you two were now already at the main gate of the school as was heading home. It's already been pretty dark outside and the luminous orange and violet gradient painted sky were turning into dark shade of pink.

It was aesthetically beautiful.

Your thoughts got cutted off when you felt Jihoon pulled his hand off from yours and which it made yours felt empty. The warmth he gave you minutes ago was now drastically replaced by the cold night breeze that was hugging your skin.

~

The walk to home was super awkward and the only sound you could hear from each other was your breathes, steps, night insects and the vehicles that was passing by. The busy cities you two is walking on to helped you to ease a bit and the feeling of the awkward atmosphere was chased away.

You cleared your throat, but the male still fixed his gaze in to the road and the strangers walking by the sidewalk you two are in.

But you couldn't deny the fact that it caught you off guard, remembering the events today and especially, when he held your hand to remind you he was there for you at all times. Or was he?

He's such a hypocrite. He can be my bully yet he can be my savior and boyf- NO! He can be my friend. Period.

Thinking that maybe thanking this man beside you could make things go and flow better, since you cannot deny the fact that he was so caring for you when you're down. Or did he just ate something at lunch that turned him into this new and unusual side of him?

Aside from questioning, you stared at his side profiles and scanning the features he has. His nose, his sharp jawline, his brunette hair, his ajar lips that used to have his famous cocky smirk on display looks so soft. I wonder, how does it feel when those lips are pressed on min-

You slapped your face physically and that earned his attention. You shook your head and laughed awkwardly.

"Uh..er- thank you, Ji... *cough in awkwardness*, I owe you- Yah yah!!", Your words of gratitude was cutted off when he suddenly dragged you into the opposite side using the strap of your bag.

The 10 wheeler truck that was so close and almost you bumped into passed by with an increased acceleration as if there's no people or vehicles he could possibly crash in to in no time.

You held your breath and gulped in shock. You looked at the tall man that was still holding your bag's strap beside you and realised what  just happened just now. The thought of you almost got into an accident, haunted your soul and you placed a hand into your chest.