𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐧

i woke up this morning later than usual. i sat up and scratched the back of my neck.

"how did i get in my bed?" i whispered to myself.

all i remember was falling asleep beside conrad below the couch after he tucked mom in.

"whatever." i sighed.

i probably got up on my own and went to bed and i just don't remember.

simple.

i got up and looked into my full-body length mirror.

my hair was usually pin straight, but it was kinda messy from last night, so i just threw it up in a quick bun. other than that, i didn't look too horrible.

i touched my face and the sound of a blender went off, causing me to jump and poke myself in the eye.

"ah!" i yelped.

who the actual fuck was using the blender this early?

then i remembered and sighed.

jeremiah

he was probably making a hangover smoothie for conrad who was, of course, hungover.

i tired opening my eye, but there was a stinging sensation, so i put my hand over it and let out a breath.

i stood there for about 45 seconds before removing my hand and blinking my eye open. it still stung, but blinking a few times did somewhat help.

i decided to rub it as i trekked down the stairs.

i got to the bottom and looked over at the couch to see conrad sprawled across it.

"how's the hangover, big brother?" i asked with a smirk.

he rolled on his side to face me and groaned.

i chuckled and went over to rub his head.

"you'll be fine, connie baby. however, i don't know if my eye will because SOMEBODY just haaaad to use the blender." i called.

jeremiah walked out of the kitchen and into the living room.

"excuse me, what did my blender do to your eye?" jeremiah raised his eyebrows.

i ignored my curly haired brother. i was still kinda upset with him for exposing my secret. i mean sure, it was stupid and wasn't a big deal, but it still embarrassed me. especially in front of steven. it was a stupid little fear, though, so it's not like anyone really cared.

"are you still mad at me? come on, edes, you know i was just playing around. you shouldn't be embarrassed. no one even cares." jere said.

"oh actually, i care." steven said as he walked into the room. "i mean, monsters? isn't that kindaaaa immature to be scared of monsters, eden."

i could tell he was teasing. i knew he was teasing. but it still hurt to hear the guy you were in love with call you immature.

well, not in love. i'm not in love with steven. i'm in love with jace. i was in love with steven. a long time ago.