𝐬𝐢𝐱

the rest of the deb lunch went really well for eden and belly. they both had a good time.

after the deb ball, cam cameron and belly decided they were going on a double date with jace and eden at the drive-in.

after getting ready for the date, eden helped belly get ready.

"you look so cute." eden smiled.

"really cute." susannah added. "you are going to have so much fun tonight. both of you."

"we're just going to see a movie." belly replied.

"okay, but it's your first date. it's also your first double date, but don't focus on that. focus on cam cameron. find things to try to relate to him with, but don't try too hard. and if you don't relate to him on certain things, then talk about it. see what it's about. talk about both of your interests." eden advised.

"you're too good at this. you must've done this a million and one times before." belly said.

"i wouldn't say a million and one. i'd say 999,999." eden shrugged, jokingly.

she then felt her phone buzzing in her pocket.

she pulled it out to see that her best friend, lily, was facetiming her.

"one sec. i'll be back!" she exclaimed and ran out of the room.

she went to her room and closed the door as she answered the call.

"edes! finally. ugh, i haven't heard from you. how's steeeevennnn." lily asked.

eden bit her lip and blushed.

"well, you know, he's...he's steven. you do know i'm still dating jace, though, right?" she raised her eyebrows.

"still?" lily raised her eyebrows. "that should've ended years ago."

"uh, why? i like being with jace." eden replied.

"i know, but you like steven better." lily pointed at her through the screen.

eden rolled her eyes. "would you give up on this already? i'm over him. besides he's with this girl now."

"what!" lily exclaimed.

"relax, relax. let me explain."

eden explained everything that had been going on for the past few days since the conklin's arrival.

"ugh, why is conrad being such an asshole?" lily rolled her eyes.

"hey. he's not being an asshole. there's something going on with him and i wanna figure it out." eden replied.

"okay, miss detective." lily said.

"lils, i'm being serious." eden said back.

lily sighed. "okay. alright. what're you thinking is up with him, then?"

eden shook her head. "i don't know, but i think it has something to do with my mom. i'm gonna get to the bottom of it."

"okay, well, i'm here if you need help." lily reminded.

"i know, lils. thank you. can't wait to see you soon." she smiled.

"and i you." lily pointed and smiled.

eden giggled.

"say hi to jay for me, alright?" lily raised her eyebrows.

"will do. bye, lils."

"bye, edes."

they then hung up and there was a knock at her door.

"you ready, babe?"