𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

CONTENT WARNING
self-harm
(authors note at the end about it)

the three arrived at the top floor of the hall in which conrad lived and searched for his room before finally finding it.

"aren't college dorms supposed to, you know, lock?" eden raised her eyebrows when jeremiah pushed the door open.

"well, jere pushed it open, didn't he?" belly pointed out.

"yeah, clearly, belly. i'm just wondering how." eden replied.

belly just shrugged and they all looked around the room.

"hey, look, his bed is made. i mean, things can't be so dire if his bed is made, right?" belly nodded.

"eh, not so sure about that. that's one of his least favorite chores besides sweeping the floor. i think i know my brother pretty well." eden disagreed.

"yeah, i'm sure you do. i know my brother pretty well too." belly remarked.

eden looked belly up and down.

lately, eden's patience had been running very thin and belly was pushing her to her limit.

"are you two going to be like this the whole time because—."

"whoa, excuse me. this is my room that you guys are rifling through." a college boy with a towel in his hand stated from the doorway.

it was conrad's roommate trusky.

"well, you should make sure your room is locked next time." eden nodded.

usually, eden would've been apologetic, but she didn't care anymore.

belle nudged eden who nudged her back.

"stop." jeremiah scolded them in a whisper.

if jeremiah was the voice of reason, then things must be bad. which of course, they were.

"hey, man. i'm conrad's brother and this is our sister eden. you and i talked on the phone earlier." jeremiah introduced.

"and i'm belly." belly introduced.

"i don't think he asked." eden whispered to belly.

"you're belly? yo, when you and conrad broke up, my man fell into a depression." he said to belly.

"uh, i-i don't think that was because of me." belly defended.

"you sure?" eden raised her eyebrows.

belly turned on her heel to face eden. "conrad broke up with me."

"i'm aware. probably had a good reason to." eden shrugged.

"edes—."

"oh really? you wanna play that game, eden?" belly raised her eyebrows.

"bells—."

"sure, let's play." eden nodded and folded her arms.