𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

as they continued driving, belly's stomach kept rumbling.

"oh my god, was that your stomach?" jeremiah spoke up.

"shut up. i'm starving. all i had to eat today was an icee and even i know that doesn't count as a meal." belly replied.

"well technically the amount of calories—." eden began.

"eden, stop. it's not a mean. plus, you need to eat too. you haven't been eating much recently, okay? so lucky for the both of you, we are almost to pie." jeremiah interrupted.

"rosie's?" belly smiled.

"rosie's..." eden trailed off.

"ooh, rosie's! we're about to pass by rosie's! can we please, please, please get a pie!" eden exclaimed.

"sure. you're going to get blueberry, of course. it's always been you and belly's favorite." steven said.

"mhm. and you're going to get apple like the basic human you are." eden nodded.

"pfft, no, i'm not gonna get—i'm...yeah, i'm gonna get apple. but i am not basic." he pointed.

"yes, you are. you are so basic. more basic than me and i'm a blonde haired, blue-eyed girl." she replied.

"fine, we can both be basic together. just know, that apple pie is the best kind of pie." he said.

"let's agree to disagree because if not, we'd be arguing about this for an hour like we have in the past and i don't think either of us want that." eden aid.

steven nodded and pulled into the parking lot of rosie's.

he grabbed her hand and they went up to order a slice of pie for each of them.

while steven was paying for the pie, eden went over to look at the flowers.

after paying, he went over and grabbed a bouquet, then went back up to the counter.

"steven, what—."

"these too, please."

they rang him up and he paid.

"why did you do that?" she asked.

"because i wanted to."

he then snapped half of a flower off of the bouquet and tucked it behind her ear.

"perfect."

he then kissed her on the forehead and went to the car.

she smiled to herself and bit her lip before following him.

they both got into the car and he handed her her piece of pie and the bouquet of flowers.

"you're so sweet sometimes." she spoke up.

"eh, when i wanna be." he shrugged.

"no, really, steven. i'm being serious. you are. you're always so good to me." she continued.

"well is is your birthday." he reminded.

"i know, but i mean in general. you just are. you're perfect."

"oh, i know i'm perfect. sweet? maybe. perfect? yes."

she laughed. "can you just take my compliment and say thank you?"

"thank you, eden. i love you."

"i love you too."