Chapter 2

Amidst the gentle glow of streetlights, two souls were drawn to the same destination—a small convenience store that stood as a beacon of simplicity amidst the grandeur of their idol lives.

The Korean convenience store stood nestled amidst the bustling cityscape, a beacon of warmth and familiarity against the backdrop of urban energy. Its exterior, adorned with vibrant signage and colorful displays, invited passersby to enter a world of convenience and comfort. The scent of freshly brewed coffee and baked goods wafted through the air, an enticing promise of the delights that awaited within.

As one ventured inside, a symphony of sensory experiences unfolded. Soft, ambient lighting bathed the interior in a warm and inviting glow, casting a tranquil atmosphere contrasting the city's relentless pace. The store seemed to surround visitors in a haven of calm, providing a respite from the outside world.

Rows of neatly arranged shelves displayed various products, each item meticulously organized for easy access. Familiar and unique snacks beckoned with their colorful packaging, promising a journey of culinary discovery. The aroma of freshly prepared meals, from traditional rice balls to savory hotdogs, mingled in the air, creating an irresistible temptation for those seeking a quick, satisfying bite.

The hum of refrigerators echoed softly, housing an assortment of beverages—refreshing juices, chilled teas, and a colorful variety of sodas—each chilled to perfection, ready to quench any thirst. The subtle hum of background music added to the ambiance, offering a soothing backdrop to the symphony of senses.

Near the entrance, a corner dedicated to freshly brewed coffee and aromatic teas filled the air with rich, inviting scents. The gentle whir of the coffee machines was a reassuring rhythm, an auditory promise of the comforting warmth that a cup of freshly brewed goodness could offer.

The convenience store was not just a place to shop but a haven for the senses. It was a sanctuary where the city's chaos faded into insignificance, and time seemed to slow down. It was a place where strangers could share a knowing smile as they browsed the aisles, where friends could gather to unwind after a long day, and where chance encounters could lead to life-altering connections.

Jihyo's footsteps echoed softly on the pavement as she approached the store. Her heart was a flutter of conflicting emotions—anticipation, weariness, and a lingering curiosity that had driven her to venture into the night. She pulled her coat tighter around her, the chill of the evening air sending a shiver down her spine.

As the convenience store's entrance chimed, Jihyo stepped inside, greeted by the familiar scent of snacks and the soft hum of refrigerators. Her eyes swept over the neatly organized shelves, the array of items a testament to the comfort of routine. It was a sanctuary of normalcy in a world that often demanded more.

Jihyo's gaze settled on a shelf of instant ramen, her thoughts drifting to the memories of shared meals and laughter with her TWICE members. A fond smile played at her lips, the camaraderie she shared with them a source of strength and solace. She marveled at the simple joy of choosing her indulgences as she selected her items—a cup of instant ramen, a pack of seaweed snacks, and a bottle of peach tea.

Meanwhile, Yoongi's journey had led him to the same familiar convenience store. The day's obligations had left him craving a taste of normalcy—a respite from the relentless cycle of schedules and performances. He stepped inside, the entrance chime momentarily interrupting the store's tranquil atmosphere.

His eyes swept over the shelves, his fingers trailing over packages and bottles with a sense of quiet appreciation. In this unassuming haven, he was just Yoongi—the person behind the idol—a young man seeking a moment of respite from the demands of his fame.