Chapter 59

The sun began its gradual descent in the sky, casting a warm and golden glow over the bustling city. The day had finally arrived – the day Jihyo and Yoongi would find out the gender of their baby. An air of anticipation surrounded them as they made their way to the doctor's office, their steps light but hearts heavy with excitement.

Upon entering the clinic, they were greeted by the soothing scent of lavender and soft instrumental music playing in the background. The ambiance was designed to calm nervous expectant parents like them. As they settled into the cozy waiting area, Jihyo's fingers instinctively intertwined with Yoongi's. Their eyes met, and they exchanged a mixture of anxious smiles and silent reassurances.

The nurse called their names, and they followed her down a corridor adorned with cheerful paintings and framed photos of smiling babies. The examination room felt warm and inviting, with pastel-colored walls and plush cushions on the chairs. A sense of familiarity and comfort settled over them as they settled in.

Jihyo lay down on the examination bed, her heart pounding in her chest, a mix of excitement and apprehension filling her. Yoongi sat beside her, his presence a constant source of strength. The doctor, a warm and empathetic figure, entered the room with a gentle smile.

"Good afternoon, Jihyo and Yoongi. Are you both ready to find out the gender of your baby?" the doctor inquired kindly.

Jihyo nodded, her voice a bit shaky. "Yes, please."

With practiced ease, the doctor applied a cool gel on Jihyo's belly before maneuvering the ultrasound wand. The room was filled with the soft sounds of the baby's heartbeat, a comforting reminder of the life growing inside Jihyo's womb. As the doctor carefully moved the wand, the grainy images on the screen started to come into focus.

A mixture of anticipation and wonder filled the room as the doctor skillfully pointed out different features of their baby. And then, with a gentle smile, the doctor announced, "Congratulations, you're having a baby girl."

Jihyo's eyes brimmed with tears of joy, and she turned to Yoongi with a radiant smile. "A girl," she breathed, her voice tinged with awe.

Yoongi's face lit up, his lips curving into a delighted grin. "A daughter," he said softly, his voice filled with a mixture of amazement and happiness.

The doctor continued to show them more images of their baby girl, capturing her tiny fingers and delicate profile. Jihyo's heart swelled with an indescribable emotion as she traced the screen with her eyes, her mind already painting a picture of their future together as a family.

After the appointment, Jihyo and Yoongi stepped out of the doctor's office, their spirits lifted and hearts brimming with joy. They found themselves in a nearby park, where they settled onto a bench, the warm breeze playing with their hair as they took a moment to absorb the enormity of the news.

"A daughter," Jihyo repeated with a dreamy smile, her fingers instinctively brushing against her belly. "Our baby girl."

Yoongi's hand found its way to hers, their fingers entwining as they gazed out at the world around them. "I can already see her in my arms," he admitted, his voice filled with wonder. "A daddy's girl, through and through."

Jihyo chuckled softly, her heart fluttering at the thought. "And Jae-Hyun will be the best big brother," she added, her gaze turning inward as she imagined the bond between her two children. "He's going to be so protective of her."

With a fond smile, Yoongi nodded in agreement. "Our little family is growing, Jihyo. It's a beautiful feeling."

As the sun continued its descent, casting a warm and golden hue over the world, Jihyo and Yoongi sat in comfortable silence. The park was alive with children's laughter and the gentle rustling of leaves in the breeze. It was a serene and picturesque backdrop for the momentous news they had received.

"We're going to be parents to a baby girl," Jihyo mused, her voice filled with wonder. "I can't wait to meet her."

Yoongi leaned in, pressing a tender kiss to her forehead. "And I can't wait to see you as a mother to our daughter," he replied, his voice laced with emotion.

Hand in hand, they made their way back home, their hearts and minds filled with dreams of the future. They were embarking on a new chapter of their journey, one that would be filled with love, laughter, and the sweet anticipation of welcoming their precious baby girl into the world.