Chapter 1.5 Breakfast Breakdown

Ryan awoke in a room that was unlike any he had ever seen before. The walls were adorned with intricate tapestries, and soft sunlight filtered through ornate windows, casting a warm and inviting glow. Blinking away the remnants of sleep, he took in his surroundings and noticed a fresh set of clothes and a walking stick laid out for him.

Confusion clouded his thoughts as he gingerly swung his legs over the side of the bed and stood up. A wave of pain shot through his body, causing him to wince and reach for the walking stick for support with a silent thank you to his unknown benefactor. With each step, he limped down the hallway, the sound of clashing and grunting growing louder as he approached an open area.

Peering around the corner, he saw a group of warriors engaged in intense training. Their movements were fluid and precise, a mesmerizing dance of power and agility. Ryan watched in awe, his attention captured by the impressive display.

Just as he was about to turn away and explore further, he realized that his chances of escaping this place were slim. If these were the guardians of this palace, he couldn't possibly slip past their watchful eyes. With a sigh of resignation, he continued down the hallway, entering a larger chamber where the training was taking place.

The Furious Five, as they were later introduced to him, were in the midst of their rigorous exercises. Tigress, Monkey, Viper, Crane, and Mantis moved with astonishing speed and precision, their dedication evident in every move they made.

Ryan's presence didn't go unnoticed for long. Tigress, the fierce and determined warrior, was the first to catch sight of him. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she halted mid-strike, drawing the attention of her fellow warriors.

"Hey," she called out, her tone a mixture of concern and curiosity. "Are you lost?"

Ryan hesitated for a moment before deciding to approach them. As he stepped closer, the other members of the Furious Five gathered around, their expressions a mix of worry and intrigue.

"I'm... I'm not sure," Ryan replied, his voice laced with uncertainty. "I woke up in one of the rooms, and I was just... exploring."

Tigress eyed him suspiciously. "Exploring? In the Jade Palace? That's quite the bold move for someone in your condition."

Ryan shifted uncomfortably under her scrutiny. "Yeah, well, I didn't exactly plan on ending up here."

Monkey flashed a mischievous grin completely oblivious to Ryan's condition. "You're the first human to ever set foot in the Jade Palace, you know."

Ryan blinked, his confusion deepening. "Wait, what? The first human, Jade Palace? How is that even possible?"

Before he could receive an answer, Viper spoke up with a smile. "Well, whether you're the first and, you're lucky to be here now. So, welcome."

Ryan managed a small smile in return, grateful for their seemingly friendly demeanor. Crane's gaze was sympathetic, and Mantis offered a playful wave.

Just as Tigress was about to question him further, the sound of a gong resonated through the air, signaling the end of the training session. Tigress sighed, her intensity giving way to a more relaxed demeanor.

"Alright, let's give our guest here a break," she declared, motioning for the others to follow her.

As they made their way out of the training area, Ryan felt a mixture of relief and curiosity. These warriors were unlike anyone he had ever met before or the first he has met, and the palace itself held an air of mystery and ancient wisdom.

The group led him to a spacious dining area, where a tantalizing spread of food awaited. The aroma alone was enough to make Ryan's stomach rumble in anticipation. He settled into a seat, wincing slightly as he did so, and began to eat heartily, ignoring the concerned glances of the Furious Five.

Tigress couldn't resist probing a little further. "So, what happened to you? You're not exactly in the best shape."

Ryan just ignored her as he absently picked at his food. The conversations around him faded into the background as his thoughts took him back to a moment he'd rather forget.

Suddenly, he was back in the car, the sound of screeching tires and blaring horns filling his ears. His heart raced as the world around him spun out of control, and he felt the impact of the collision reverberate through his body. The car was a twisted wreck, metal against metal, glass shattering, and his own screams filling the air.

Ryan's breath quickened, his grip on the edge of the table tightening as the memories surged forward. He could feel the panic rising, threatening to consume him once again.

And then, as suddenly as it began, the hallucination shattered. Laughter, warm and genuine, reached his ears, and Ryan blinked rapidly, his surroundings slowly coming back into focus.

"Kid? Hey, Kiddo!"

The sharp voice snapped him out of his reverie, and he blinked, realizing that all eyes were on him. He looked around, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

"Sorry, I guess I zoned out for a moment," he mumbled, feeling the weight of their curious gazes.

Tigress's brow furrowed. "Zoned out? Are you sure you're okay?"

Ryan managed a small, reassuring smile. "Yeah, just lost in thought also the names Ryan ...Kerr."

As the breakfast continued, the Furious Five exchanged glances, clearly concerned for Ryan's well-being but it went down south as soon as Monkey said something.