Chapter 2 ~ Suspicious Behavior Aboard!

Third Person POV:

It is now morning. Donnie has finally finished his invention after hours of nonstop work. He lifted his googles and observed his creation proudly. "Finally. Having no sleep for a few days are always worth it for my babies." The purple masked turtle said as he lifts and kisses his newly made invention. Donnie started to smell something being made in the kitchen, obviously meaning Mikey is up making breakfast. The turtle looks at his T-phone, checking the time, seeing it is almost 9:40 in the morning. Usually, Mikey would wake up later than that after patrol nights, but thought nothing of it. He placed his invention down carefully and makes haste to the kitchen, to see what his baby brother was making today.

Before he enters the kitchen, he hears his little brother talking as if he was speaking to someone. Curious, he walks into the kitchen seeing Mikey flipping pancakes on a pan with one hand and, assuming, that he's holding something with the other hand. The purple banded turtle could clearly see that his little brother was holding a stone but who was he talking to? "Uh, morning Mike," Donnie says slightly dumbfounded. Mikey stopped talking and turned. The sleep deprived turtle couldn't help but notice how Mikey's pupils were so shrunken unlike his usual big pupils. Seeing it was Donnie he smiled happily as his pupils rapidly returned to normal, "Oh, morning Donnie! I was just about to finish up breakfast." "Uh huh...." the tall turtle looked at his brother to the stone in his hand. He was about to ask about it untill Leo came in with a yawn.

The eldest hummed in delight. The smell of his baby brothers' cooking always made him smile in the morning. Leo sat down with a good morning to the two, which they returned. Mikey placed plates for each one of them and, as soon as he started making the drinks, Raph had entered the kitchen with a gruff. He sat down tiredly with an energetic Chompy on his shoulder. "Morning Raph," Mikey greeted Raph with a kind and loving smile. Raph groaned as he starts to eat his breakfast in a, not so good, mood. You could see the youngest's spark fading in his eyes until it suddenly came back. He merely smiled and gave the brother's their drinks, completing their meal.

Though, Leo realized Mikey hadn't made breakfast for himself. Being the big brother he is, he was worried for his brother. Leo swallowed the bit of food he had, "Mikey? Where's your food?" Donnie blinked in realization, while Raph didn't bother to pay attention, just trying to finish the food and leave to be left alone. Mikey just shrugged, "I didn't make any. I'm actually not that hungry today, dudes." The cold colored turtles were shocked, and hearing that made Raph slightly cough on his food. Mikey waved to them, telling them that he'd be in his room if anyone needed him. Once he left, the brothers were a little worried for their baby brother as much as they were confused. Raph grunted and finished his food, shrugging it off thinking it was nothing. He leaves, with some food for Chompy and shuts his door. Leo and Donnie looked at each other but decided not to worry to much about it. Maybe Mikey doesn't feel well and doesn't want to make it worse on himself.

Meanwhile Mikey was sitting in his bed, laughing at his own jokes, while Yume laughed with him. "That was really funny Mikey! Haha. I really do enjoy your jokes," the stone calmed itself from laughter. Mikey's expression changed from happiness to sadness. Wishing his own brothers thought the same. "Is something wrong, Michelangelo?" The young mutant shook his head, snapping out of his thoughts, "Huh?! What?- Oh, yeah. Sorry, i guess... I didn't actually think my jokes are all that funny. Besides the fact that i keep doing it." "It's because of your brothers... Isn't it?" He nods sadly, "I just want to make them happy, that's all. Ever since papa died, nothing's been the same. Leo does more meditating and is being more bossy, Raph is spending more time with Chompy than us, and Don is always hiding in his lab everyday! It's like they don't care as much about each other anymore and i want to help bring us back together. Become brothers again..."

Mikey felt drips of tears coming out and dripping down his chubby, freckled face. He takes one hand and tried to wipe his tears away, sobbing softly. "I miss papa..."

He felt arms around him, he opened his eyes and say a girl, maybe a year or two younger than him, hugging him. She was transparent, like a ghost but still had that glowing blue, like the stone. "Michelangelo... I promise... You don't have to be sad anymore. If your brothers are hurting you, I can help you defend yourself from them... Especially if they can't see you're hurting as much as they are... It's unfair, isn't it...?" Mikey felt understood after the voice responded with a caring tone. He was speechless. He shut his eyes again and hugged the spirit of the girl back. Letting himself cry silently. The girl smiled kindly, rubbing her hand on his carapace, humming a soft tune to ease the poor turtle.

Soon, all Mikey had were sniffs. They both slowly pull away from the hug, Yume wiping the turtle's tears. "Feeling a little better?" Mikey smiles and gave her two thumbs up in reply, "A lot better!" The two laugh, making all dark emotions gone. "Since when were you able to turn into a person?" Mikey asks her curiously with a smile. Yume smiled brightly as she calmly explained, "I'm not always able to do this, but since you have the stone with my soul concealed in it, I'm able to use your energy to make my soul have a temporary, physical appearance! Isn't that amazing?" The freckled turtle's eyes sparkled in awe, finding it incredible how his energy could help with such a thing.

"Wow, that's awesome!" The two laughed and giggled. A minute later a knock came to the door, making Yume flinch and dissipate her physical form, returning to the stone. The orange banded turtle cleared his throat and welcomed in whoever was knocking. The door opened slowly, showing Leo with a confused face, "Hey, is someone in here with you?" Mikey tilted his head with a fake confusion shown. "No, why do you ask bro?" "I... I thought I heard someone else with you in here. Guess it was just my imagination." Mikey's eyes flickered, glowing a bright pale blue, as he put on an awfully happier smile than he usually does. Though, his oldest brother seemed to have noticed but couldn't say anything as his baby brother stood up and started shoving him out of the room. "Yeah, you're probably hearing things. Why don't you see if Don can check your ears or something, or maybe watch some Space Heroes! You've been really stressed after that encounter with Heilbai, you know?" Leo was honestly shocked by Mikey's actions, as if trying to hide something that he doesn't want Leo, and maybe the other's, to see or know. "Anyway, imma just play some video games in here. Let me know if you guys need me to make some lunch or something, okay? Okay, bye!"

And with that, Mikey slammed his bedroom door with a stunned Leo, in surprise and great confusion by his youngest brother. "Uh... yeah, okay...?" It was then Leo walked out to the living room, sitting down next to Raph, who was watching television with his dear Chompy. He looked to Leo with a confused face, after hearing the door slamming and seeing his older brother's reaction. "What did that idiot do?" "Would you stop calling him an idiot. And all i did was check on him and he just shoved me out of his room, like he was avoiding the question or hiding something he didn't want me to know about... I can't put my finger on it but something is definitely wrong with him"

Raph blinked, processing the information given. In his mind, he actually agrees with his leader. Mikey hasn't made breakfast for himself, he hasn't came out of his room, he hasn't even tried to bother Raph or annoy him to the point he beats Mikey up. As much as he didn't want to think about it, he knew is his mind that something was up with his baby brother...

And it was up to the oldest brothers to figure it out...

Meanwhile, Mikey sits on his bed, leaning on the wall, holding the stone to his chest. His grip tightens, as his pupils shrink and his widened eyes glow pale blue once again. "No one.... is going to take my stone away from me..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1,494 words y'all!!

Apologies for the sudden republishing of this chapter! i felt like i needed to change the plot a bit, so i'm starting with the second chapter since the first one was a good enough start of this story.
Anyway, i love you, my bunnies!
Have a g'day or g'night!♡♡