Chapter 28: Tied Family Threads

Hello, lovely readers! I hope you all are doing well!

I have updated the next chapter!

So, let's venture into the story ahead and embark on an enriching experience together.

Happy Reading!!!

*******

Ritika and Satvik were going to the college as they used to go together by bike

Ritika and Satvik were going to the college as they used to go together by bike. Throughout the journey, Satvik was blabbering things, and Ritika would laugh at his antics. Her confession did change their friendship, but it strengthened their connection. At one signal, Ritika's heart raced as she saw her mother with a mysterious man. The London city held secrets, and she couldn't ignore the nagging feeling and pain she had been carrying for so long.

Ritika began sweating, and Satvik saw the change in her demeanor through the mirror. He asked, but she kept looking in one direction. He saw and did not understand. He nudged her, but the signal turned green, and he zoomed his bike towards the college. She was in a gloomy mood the whole day, and Satvik took her to his apartment in the evening to change her mood.

"What happened, Rits, see you have been like this the whole day but you need to tell me so that we can find a certain solution!" he said, and she just nodded, looking at nothing particular.An idea stuck in Satvik's mind, and he took out his photo album, which had his photos from his childhood until today. They sat on the cozy living room couch, and Satvik had an old photo album spread out on the coffee table.

Ritika looked at the album curiously, her eyes wandering over the faded pictures and yellowing pages.

"What's all this, Satvik?" Satvik smiled softly, his fingers gently tracing the edges of a childhood photograph. "These are my old family photos. I thought I'd share some memories with you."Ritika's eyes lit up with interest. "I'd love to see them and hear your stories."

Satvik began to flip through the album, revealing snapshots from his past. He pointed to a picture of a young boy, maybe seven or eight years old, with a mischievous grin on his face. "That's me when I was a kid, always up to some kind of trouble."

Ritika chuckled, finding the image of young Satvik endearing. "Tell me about this one," she urged.

Satvik's eyes sparkled with nostalgia. "Ah, that's from my eighth birthday. My parents threw me a surprise party, and I had no idea. I remember walking into the living room, and everyone shouted, 'Surprise!' I was so shocked that I dropped my cake."

Ritika laughed, picturing a young Satvik's surprised face. "I bet that was a memorable birthday."Satvik nodded, his gaze lingering on the next photo. It showed a family outing to a beautiful park, with Satvik's parents and a younger version of himself holding a kite string. "This was one of our favorite spots. We used to fly kites there on Sundays. My dad taught me how to fly kites, and my mom would pack the most delicious picnic baskets."