The Lady

You were dusting a vase in a slight daze, last night was strange, you woke up in the middle of the night hearing screams coming from down below.

Though you shrugged it off, and just went back to sleep, now all morning you were thinking about the incident.

"Are you even listening Y/n!?" A familiar voice exclaimed.

"Huh..?" You turned around and saw Ashley. "Oh, no i wasn't..."

Ashley sighed.

"Why are you so distracted today?" She asked.

"Well, I woke up in the middle of the night and heard screaming." You said stoicly.

"Oh.. look don't tell anyone I told you this, but the Dimitrescu's are vampire's... they were probably torturing some maiden..." Ashley said with worry written on her face.

"Vampire's you say?" You asked Curiously.

Ashley blinked a couple times.

"Did you not hear the torture part?!" She asked.

"Yeah, I heard...." you shrugged as if to say 'what about it?'

"I- you have to be the most emotionless person ever!" Ashley stated.

"I get that a lot, I prefer stoic." You said monotony.

"But- i-- never mind" Ashley sighed and gave up.

"What were you talking about earlier?" You asked.

"Oh yeah! Ingrid wanted me to tell you that you'll be cleaning the Lady's private chambers today." Ashley said quickly.

"I see... then I must go now..." you said then walked off.

You walked to the private chambers you looked around the first room. The walls were white they had a beautiful gold trim on as well. There were stairs as well.

You started to clean the room, there was a few blood stains on the floor, you grabbed a cloth and some soap and scrubbed the red stain.

It took a bit but you finally got the blood off.

You then headed up stairs the walls were the same up here as well.

You entered another room which had a vanity and other things it was nicely furnished.

You decided it was best not to touch anything on the vanity itself. So you started dusting.

Some time passes and you were down to one vase to dust.

soon you finished dusting it and turned around, you noticed someone standing in the opposite corner of the room.

Tall, very tall... it was the countess, this woman was very curious, your eyes showed this.

The woman approached and looked down at you.

"I don't believe I've seen you before maiden." She said her words sharp and elegant, words that would probably make someone terrified, but what did you know about emotions?

"No my lady, I'm new." You did a small bow.

Your damener left the countess raising an eyebrow, but that went away when she came to the conclusion you were probably one of those people who would fake being conifdent and not scared.

"What might your name be?" She asked.

"Y/n." You face was blank emotionless it puzzled the woman but she acted as if it didn't.

The woman looked over at her vanity, expecting it to be rearranged. She hated when newbies cleaned her personal chambers they always "arranged" her makeup.

But it wasn't it was left how it was originally was.

"You didn't touch my vanity." It was more of a statement than a question.

"Oh... did you want me to?" You tilted your head sideways.

"No... I did not" the countess found you very confusing.

"Well then, I should continue to clean..." you started to walk but stopped when a strong grip pulled your wrist back.

"Did I say you were dismissed?" The woman asked coldly.

You were a bit surprised from the sudden movement but quickly regained composure.

"Ah, sorry my lady I wasn't aware you still wanted to talk..." you said.

These words took the countess off gaurd, usually people would be begging for mercy right now, and you... you were barley phased by it.

The countess dropped you hand and cleared her throat.

"...no that was all, next time wait until your dismissed, you may go..." the woman waved you off.

You nodded and left the woman to her thoughts.

You finally finished cleaning the Lady's personal chambers, and headed to the library to read.

Suddenly you were pinned against the wall with a sickle to your neck, you blinked and saw Cassandra with a grin on her face.

Though the grin slowly faded when she realized you weren't scared.

"Ugh! Not fair!" Cassandra dropped her sickle and backed away "Why are you so- so-"

"Stoic?" You interrupted.

"No, boring!" She exclaimed.

You shrugged and Cassandra seethed and swarmed away, you sat down on a chair after grabbing a book and started reading...

Word count (777)