Could It Be?

Its been a few weeks since Hailey went missing, not that you cared anyways.

You've been reading the book that Daniela gave you and it helps you understand what you're feeling but showing those emotions is still problematic.

You walked through halls and saw the head maiden scolding Ashley.

"Is something wrong?" You asked Ashley.

"This is none of your business Y/n." Ingrid seethed.

"I dont care." You said coldly.

"T-the countess's Personal maid went missing and Ingrid is telling me i have to be her new one.." Ashley said in a shaken voice.

You looked at Ingrid. "I'll be her personal maid." You stated.

"No." She said simply.

"Yes, I am the best one for the job." You crossed your arms.

"Y/n you really don't-"

"Ashley I will be fine." You interrupted then looked back at Ingrid coldly.

She seethed at you for a moment then sighed. "Fine, you start tomorrow."

"Do you have a schedule for me?" You asked.

"No I don't, all you need to do is whatever she asks of you.. got it?" She questioned.

"Yes understood." You stated.

"Now both of you need to be off working." She dismissed you two.

You left and Ashley quickly followed behind you.

"Y/n, why did you do that?" She asked.

"Because you were obviously in distress." You said blankly.

"Yeah but.. you didn't have to volunteer just because I didn't want to.." she stated.

"I did it and I don't regret it." You said simply

"Well thank you." She smiled.

"Yeah..." you trailed off.

Soon it was night and you were asleep, suddenly you woke up in the middle of the night.

And against your better judgment you got up and left your room you were wondering the halls when you heard a paino playing.

You wondered towards the sound and opened a door to a room you haven't been in yet.

You looked around for a second and saw Lady Dimitrescu playing the piano she hasn't seemed to notice you yet.

She didn't have her makeup on and her hat was also off, her golden eyes shined as she played the piano.

You breath hitched at the sight and the countess stiffened for a second and stopped playing the piano.

When she looked up at you she relaxed.

"Y/n, what are you doing out of your room?" She asked in a soft tone that you'd imagined she only used on her daughters.

"I was taking a walk.." you stated.

"Mm, why don't you come over here?" It sounded like a suggestion.. but it wasn't.

You nodded and made your way closer to her.

"Having trouble sleeping?" She asked.

"No my lady, you?" You pondered.

She chuckled lightly and shook her head. "Such a considerate pet aren't you?"

"If you say so.." you shrugged.

A moment of comfortable silence went by.

"A little birdy told me you volunteered to be my new personal maiden." Lady dimitrescu picked up her cigar and lit it.

"Yes I did my lady." You stated.

She took a drag and then puffed smoke into the air. "Good, you will be waking me up every morning at 7, I'll give you more information tomorrow."

She stood up now towering you more than she already was when she was sitting.

"Now let's go darga mea, back to bed." She extended her hand down to hold yours.

You blushed slightly as you held her hand, but hid it with a stoic expression.

The countess smirked as she noticed the change in pattern of your heart rate but didn't comment.

She then led you back to your room, once you got there she let go of your hand and you opened the door.

"Goodnight darga mea"

"Night" you said then closed the door and got back in bed and thought.

The only word you could explain this feeling with is admiration thought it felt like something more than that.

Could it be love..?

Word count (665)