❛ 𝘜𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘸 ❜ | 𝑴𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙝

ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘: Meredith Grey x f!reader ♡
𝕎𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤: just minor Jackson x reader

In every situation a choice must be made. And most of the time the choice you make should satisfy your need. You can choose whether to wait and keep hoping or go ahead in search of something new. This was your choice. Despite your strong feelings for Meredith, you've decided to let it go so you can change things.

There was this guy, pretty cute, who was in the same internship class as you and he seemed to be hitting on you a lot. When you saw Meredith again you thought it was a sign of destiny and that you might finally come forward, but she didn't seem to show any interest and she even started dating someone else. An attending. Derek Shepherd. Chief of Neurosurgery. At first it hurt you, but then you thought about doing the same and agreeing to go out with Jackson.

It wasn't bad at all, in fact he really made you feel good. He was so nice and kind to you, you almost thought you could fall in love with him and turn this into a serious relationship. But it still bothered you a lot seeing Meredith with someone else and you hated yourself for it.

Sometimes she was in the corridors with Derek, blowing a few kisses while they talked, not caring about the people passing by, but just looking like she wanted to show off, so you did the same with Jackson when you saw her, letting his lips wrap yours as they met passionately. The only result was a few glances between you, nothing more. But neither of them wanted to stop. You also tended to highlight your plans for the evening or the day, which confused the hell out of Jackson and Derek, but despite having a huge effect on both of you.

Derek and Jackson seemed to notice, it was starting to get so weird. As much as Jackson might have displeased him he'd noticed you were somehow jealous of Derek, he'd understood you cared especially for Meredith, but of course you'd never tell him, so the only thing he could do was continue to put up with it all and go after you.

One morning you rushed in together, had coffee together and left before him since you had a surgery scheduled and didn't want to be late. He decided to take it slower.

"Avery" Derek's voice caught his attention, making him stop sipping his coffee in peace.

"Doctor Shepherd" he politely greeted him.

"Okay..." he looked embarrassed. "I'll get right to the point" he stated bringing a rather curious expression to Jackson's face. Was that what he was thinking about?

"I think you've noticed it too, cause it's obvious..." he started.

"Meredith and Y/n?" he asked to have the certainty. He did an expression to confirm.

"I know this isn't professional, but we need to clarify it" Jackson nodded.

"Meredith told me about Y/n, they knew each other since childhood" Jackson raised his eyes.

"Oh... I did n't know..." in his head he had always limited himself to putting the pieces together, but you had never spoken to him about Meredith. And he had never bothered to ask for information.

"And it seems like both will never face it" The two shared the same suspicions.

"That's difficult" Jackson continued.

There was a moment of silence between the two, then when perhaps the situation was finally about to change, Derek was called.

Jackson just strayed there, thinking about it. He had a huge crush on you but apparently he understood this wasn't what you wanted.

Before he could be late too, he entered, with all the thoughts still whirling through his head. In fact they were able to ruin his whole day, and as soon as he had a chance to talk to you, he took you to a call-room to clarify.

Thinking you understood what he wanted to do, you welcomed him with an intense kiss. And although he liked it, he interrupted the situation; he was going to have a serious conversation.

"You okay?" you asked him having noticed something weird.

"Is this what do you want, Y/n?" he asked looking deeply at your eyes. You were confused.

"Jackson, what-"

"You don't want me, I know. You don't want us" his expression as he pronounced those words almost broke you. But deep down you knew what he was referring to and you couldn't say anything against it. He nodded at your silence.

"It's her, Meredith" he continued.

"Jackson, I'm so sorry, I... you're very good..." you tried to get out of it.

"I know, it's okay" he put a hand on your cheek. "I won't be the one who will prevent you to be happy" he gave you a smile, that you knew were forced, and without adding anything else, he left the room.

He did this for you. You almost wanted to cry, even you didn't know the reason. You loved Meredith Grey, and this was ruining your life.

That same evening you went to Joe's bar, hoping it would helped you throw this day in the trash. You sat down and asked the usual drink, tequila.

"Tequila for me too, please" you turned to Meredith when you heard her voice next to you. You weren't in the best mood to face her, so you just ignored it all and continued drinking.

"Shitty day?" she asked you.

"Yeah" she seemed to want to talk. "You?" you asked.

"Derek doesn't talk to me" she said placing the shot glass back on the table. "Because of you" she continued. "And... I think he's right" she admitted. You looked at her, feeling a little pissed.

"Really Meredith?" you crossed your arms after you finished drinking. "Well, you could say that first, you know? You made me feel like a crap about this situation" She raised her eyes.

"Did I do this to you Y/n? You didn't do anything either!" she said irritated and making you feel a little guilty. But it was both's fault. None of you said anything, even the feeling was strong.

You looked into her eyes, before forgetting everything and approaching to kiss her. It was all you needed, knowing that you both felt the same way and that you would do anything to have each other's presence close.

You pull apart for a second to look at each other, can't helping but smiling and kept doing it as you stumble into another kiss.