❛ 𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺 ❜ | 𝑫𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙠

ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘: Derek Shepherd x reader ♡
𝕎𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤: none
-𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥

Derek Shepherd, one of the most famous and brilliant neurosurgeons in the world. How can anyone not admire him? Everything he did could also be done with his eyes closed, who wouldn't want to have his talent?

Well, other than that, if you watched him you might end up melting.

He could exterminate any tumor or aneurysm, anything, yet something was wrong. When he came to ask you for a consultation you didn't believe it. It was a patient who had been under treatment for two weeks now, for epilepsy attacks, and the situation was getting worse. You did every exam you could, but a mystery remained.

This was all getting more stressful, but on the bright side, you got to know each other better. You can also understand each other immediately. Like if this was destiny...

"How is going today?" you asked him as soon as you entered the room.

"It's getting worse day by day, and I still haven't figured out what's wrong" he said in frustration putting a hand on his forehead. You sat next to him.

"What if it didn't concern the brain? We focused only on that" you said looking at the tests done.

"Maybe... But we should find out where it comes from and we don't have enough tests" he added.

Let's say you weren't one to give up right away, it was one of the perks of your job. You wouldn't let yourself give up until you found the problem, no matter how long it took.

"Holy shit" Derek stood abruptly.

"What?"

"I have to go, it's a 911" you understood it was your patient.

When Derek returned you started scanning and checking again, and the day seemed to go by faster. He left, disappointed again. You stayed there all night, and decided to go with your instincts and run exams everywhere.

When you finally found the problem it was like a dream.

"Doctor Shepherd!!!" you stood up as soon as he arrived, with a huge smile on your face and holding up the papers in your hand.

"No- You've-" he stopped in near disbelief.

"Yes, I have!" he began to smile too.

"Hepatic encephalopathy. It is a toxin that originates from the liver and disturbs its functioning, probably it must have been spread in the blood and may have reached the brain, damaging it. The symptoms coincide, I checked everything. It is not very easy to diagnose, but with all the exams we have, we finally made it!" he hugged you.

"For the cure we'll have to prescribe him a therapy" you added after detached yourself from him. "But now I absolutely need a coffee" you said dropping into the chair.

"You deserve it!" he said giving you a McDreamy smile.

After recovering, you went to the patient's room and began to explain the case to him. With the time and patience, if the therapy manages to have a positive effect, hopefully a speedy recovery.

While all the two of you needed was some rest and quieter days.

Towards evening, you returned to your studio to pack your things to going home.

"Hey" Derek walked over to you leaning against the edge of the door.

"Hey, everything okay?" you asked him.

"Yes yes, now I'll go home too" you smiled at him and settled the last things.

"Doctor l/n" he caught your attention. You looked up at him.

"Are you free to go out some time?" you were surprised by his question.

"It's a date?" you asked approaching him.

"Maybe..."

"Umh, yes, I'd like... McDreamy" you smiled at him.

"Wow, since when all this confidence?" he asked ironically. You just laughed as he looked at you and your eyes met.

"Well, see you Y/n"