Chapter 1

Author's note: The timeline is not actually the same as the hazbin hotel pilot. The hotel exist before Val and Vox start working together.

Vox's POV:

I was taking a walk to return home, I needed to breath some air so I didn't take my car. I then light up my cigarette, blue smoke coming out of it. I really had a bad day. A bunch of my employees decided to do a terrible job today, I ended up killing them right when I learned the news. Who dares disrespect an overlord! Me! The TV demon, owner of all medias in hell. But well, in the end I had to do all the job myself. We can't find even one competent person in this world. Now I'm fucking stuck with paperworks and finding better employees for my media industry. Damn I need a break!!! Lucky for me, I'm 'supposed' to have a day off tomorrow, let's just hope those demons would do their works correctly and not call me to say that the office is on fire AGAIN!

Just thinking about this was making me angry. I took a drag of my cigarette and start looking around me. Shit I was so caught up with my frustrations that I did not even realized where I was going.

Far but in sight, there was a bar. Why not take a drink to calm myself. I could hear the music from where I was and there was a bunch of drunk demons around.

I throw my cigarette away then headed inside, I realized it was not some simple bar, it almost seemed like there could be strippers, prostitutes and other weird stuff, but well it's hell, you can't expect a place to be 'clean'. I decided to not care, I'm just here to enjoy a drink.

Some people were looking at me while I was heading to the counter for my drink. They were probably not expecting the great TV overlord to come here.

"So what can I get for you" asked the bartender. "It's not every day that we have overlords coming in here, well except for the owner..."

"Just give me the strongest shit you have" I answered him, cutting what he was going to say. I'm not in the mood for talking. Why does everyone has to be so annoying.

Finally the bartender gave me my glass, it was quite small, I guess the drink I asked have a big percentage of alcohol. As I took a sip of it, I felt the alcohol flowing through my throat with a small burned sensation. Damn, this shit was strong. I decided to take it slow since I'm a lightweight, which is something I hate about myself.

I looked around the room to analyze my surroundings. There was a stage with dancers, some small tables full of demons enjoying drinks and flirting with each other, a dance floor for people to enjoy themselves. I saw some drunk couples disappearing in a corridor that I assume has rooms for people to have sex and etcetera, who knows what happened behind closed doors. The place was really made with an atmosphere of alcohol, sex and parties. At least no one was bothering me, well, for now. I really didn't feel like hooking up with anyone tonight. Yeah sure, sometimes I enjoy one night stands but not today. I then returned my attention to my drink. I already felt some effect to my head.

After a while, I felt someone staring at me, I turned my head and made eye contact with a moth looking man with heart shaped glasses. Around him was a bunch of men and women, probably some whores expecting to be chosen for a good fuck. I have to say, he seemed quite popular and good looking.

The man was still looking at me even when I was staring back. It was pissing me off. I decided to ignore him and return to my drink. The feeling of the stare stopped finally. I'm so tired and tense that I really don't want to deal with a weirdo.