Chapter 3

Angel Dust's POV:

I was relaxing in my room when I heard a commotion in the corridor. Curiosity took the better of me and I opened my door. Some employees were talking to each other. I listened.

"Have you seen the boss come in?" "He was holding someone in his arms." "The other workers that saw him just had been ignored or given glares" "Who could this guy be?" It was all that I heard until they noticed my presence.

What were they talking about? They all looked at me, and I looked back with a questioning expression. "Hey Angel Dust, do you possibly know who Valentino brought today" I was just as clueless as they were.

"So you don't know either, would you mind to go ask him. I saw him return to his office not to long ago..." another employee asked.

I knew better than to bother Val, but I had something to ask him anyway. Even tho he'll probably disagree I still have to try. "Alright, I'm gonna go see him" Then I left for the direction of his office.

Every step closer were harder and harder, fear started taking over me. What if he gets angry, what if he's in a bad mood and use me for relieving stress, what if... I ended up mentally slapping myself. No I must stay strong, he can't have more and more control over me. I went to this hotel for a reason, to escape him. One day I'm going to free myself from him.

I was now in front of the door, and with the small courage left in me, I knocked. I then hesitantly went inside. He was at his desk doing paperwork, but he seemed to think of something else. Once he saw me, he put his head on his hands and looked at me with a big smile on his face.

"What brings you here my dear~" God I hated that voice and face. I started telling him what the employees asked me, but his answer seemed surprisingly secretive. Who was this person? Why did he want to keep it for himself? He looked strangely calm, his expression earlier, before he noticed me, was like something good happened to him. But I knew if he didn't want to tell me I should not search further. But my curiosity took the better of me with the next words I said.

"Well... it's pure curiosity, sir. Also you seem calmer and... happier. Could he be someone special?" I analyzed the words I just said over and over again in my head, shit, I really regretted saying this, it was like I was trying to enter his privacy. Shit, shit, shit!

He then stood up and came in front of me. I flinched a bit, expecting the worst. But he just looked at me.

"I guess I could tell you Angel~" he said putting a finger under my chin so we held eye contact. What he told me was not what I was expecting. He brought home the TV demon! Vox! Alastor's rival! How the hell could he..? So much questions were running in my head.

When he asked to not tell anyone, I simply nod out of fear. This man could have such a terrible and intimidating aura. He then returned to his desk. I then flinched once again when he told me to leave in a cold voice.

When I was gonna leave, I then thought of what else I wanted to ask him, I hesitated. I'm really not sure he'll let me go to the princess's hotel. But either way, I'll just have to sneak out.

Valentino must have noticed my hesitation, because he asked me if I had something else to say.

I thought twice every words I was going to say. And finally I ask if I could stay at the 'happy' hotel for a while.

Shit, I was so shocked by his answer, he actually gave me permission! This time I wouldn't have to sneak out and be afraid of punishment. If I'd know that meeting the media demon would make him like that I would have hoped it happened earlier.

I finally left the room and let out a relieved sight. I then ran to my room and started packing some stuff. I had two days at the hotel, so I'm not gonna lose a single second.

I got out of the building and directly took direction to the hazbin hotel. I'm so happy I could go see them again. I still can't believe Val let me go.

I arrived at the front door and knocked. And who welcomed me, none other than the princess herself Charlie Morningstar. And just behind was her girlfriend Vaggie with her spear in hand, probably expecting a weirdo at the door instead of me.

"Hello, wow what a welcoming sight!" I said to Vaggie just to annoy her. "So princess will you let me in?"

Charlie moved from the door to let me pass. "Angel! Can't believe you're here, did you have to sneak out?..." I cut the princess mid sentence "Actually... Val let me go. I asked him and he let me. I myself couldn't believe it, but I guess something good happened to him today." I answered, I didn't think it was a very good idea to tell them about Vox, but well. Maybe if Alastor is here I'll bring the subject.

Charlie and Vaggie looked at me with surprised faces. It was funny to see. I then looked around and saw Husk at the bar, drinking his cheap bottle of booze as usual and cleaning some glasses. Why not go and bother the cold adorable kitty cat!

"Hey Husk~, did ya miss me?" I said blinking my eyes many times. He looked at me with an annoyed look and rolled his eyes. "Nope, I definitely did not miss you" I looked at him with a hurt expression, well I actually didn't feel hurt. I'm sure one day I'll be able to break some of his walls and made him open up to us.

"Well look who's here, my favourite visitor" I turned my face to see the one who said this sarcastic sentence. It was none other than the aroace demon himself, Alastor. "Hey Al!" I said giving him a smirk that made him roll his eyes.

"So what made Valentino change his mind?" asked Charlie. If I'm being honest, I forgot she was here. They all looked at me. I let out a sigh.

"Actually I'm not sure, but he was in a good mood, he told me to not tell anyone but well, so if I tell you all, just promise to not give this information to anyone else" I looked at them as they nodded their head. "Alright... well some workers saw Val entering the building with someone in his arms, and they ask me to kinda... investigate it." They all looked at me with shocked expression.

"So who was this mysterious person?" Asked the radio demon

"Actually it was your rival, Vox. Valentino told me he find him drunk and brought him with him."

Alastor laughed "I know well my rival, he will never let someone see a vulnerable side of him. It can't be. Or he simply got lost in a bar and being the lightweight he is, he got drunk" "Well unless Val lied to me, what other TV head could get Valentino's interest enough to take him with him right?" I said, everyone agreed with me, except for Al, who seemed to have not listened, probably deep in thought in how to humiliate his rival even more.

"Hahaha, I guess I could tease Vox about this in our next battle!" Said the radio demon with his usual big smile, and an evil expression.

"No! No fighting when you stay at this hotel!" Said the princess to the demon. "Don't think you'll be able to stop these two when they start a fight" respond Husk. "I saw one of their 'little argument' and I can tell you, stay far away from it or you can end up badly injured or even dead" he finished with finishing his drink.

Charlie let out a sigh. I have to admit that seeing two overlords fighting must be impressive and probably super intense.

Alastor still had his smile on his face, seriously I really can't know what this guy thinking about! But let's just hope he wouldn't bring up what I just tell them about Vox in one of their fight. I really don't want to get in trouble with Val.

"Also, I need to add something about Valentino, he knows his way through people desires, he can make almost everyone addicted to his touch and attention. He can change a person completely and I saw that happened to a lot of demons that I knew. So maybe Vox won't even be the same as you knew him depending on how Val treats him..." I said with some worry in my voice. The person who knows the most about Valentino is probably me.

The radio host simply laugh "I have no worry for him. He is to stubborn to ever get manipulated by some pimp, and he'll always be this narcissistic and egocentric demon that I know"

It ended our conversation and we finally all returned to our occupations. I wanted to enjoy my time here as much as I can before having to return to this nightmare of a studio. I wanted to be free of him for these two days, so let not waste any second now and let enjoy whatever the hell I want to do!