Chapter 25 - Rejection and Intoxication

Insomnia was a bitch. If it wasn't the sleep it was the worries, the fears. I didn't know what was troubling me. I looked out the window and sighed as the tinted light of the bright moon was still shining around. I had lost track of the time. I looked to my opposite and saw Justin, asleep. I couldn't, whatsoever, see any sign of his chest heaving in and out from breaths. I placed my finger just hem away from his nose and felt nothing. Not a single blow from his nose. Was he even breathing? Well, his status said it all.

I found myself spending a night at Justin's. Wow.

A beating heart was present and didn't reside in him. He was a dead-living creature. I looked at the bright red numbers on the alarm clock sitting on the drawer and sat up. The alarm clock ticked 4:30 am in big, thick, red bold letters and I found it amusing. Since it was mid October, the wind outside was catching up. It was freezing cold outside which reflected fogginess on Justin's closed window. The trees outside rattled pretty harshly and the clouds were yet again still pretty black. Going back to sleep or at least trying to was out of the question. I slipped on my house slippers, pushed myself out of the bed and proceeded to walk out the door and downstairs.

Fear was a bitch too. No matter how hard you tried to find a courage to not think about anything...it just wasn't possible.

Am I seriously this scared to get down and get water?

The luxurious kitchen greeted me and I immediately smiled. It was like, I stepped in pure heaven. Even though I couldn't very well see the furnitures and everything in the dark light, I felt warm. Verily, I felt like this place belonged to me. Not once have I ever experienced such magnificent feeling about this. I felt awkward even when I was the only one down here. I didn't find the need to switch the lights on because I knew my eyes would go blind from a sudden light.

Despite the cold weather outside, which tend to freeze someone's ass off if they stepped out, I pulled myself out a cold water bottle fresh out the fridge. When the cool water descended down my throat, a light moan escaped my lips, causing my hair to stand up behind my neck. I leaned against the fridge and closed my eyes. It was too silent and pure silence was fucking eerie. I could practically hear my own breathing, heart beating and the water in my stomach bouncing.

I opened my eyes and looked around. Then I took the step, and walked ahead back to Justin's room. When I was just mere steps away from the staircase, I heard a gruesome sound. Not from the inside but from the outside. A voice that startled me to my inner core. It was sudden. It was so sudden!

Thunder storms.

The weather variance was too sudden. The lightening continued and then the pouring of the rain dropped down. It wasn't raining when I went to get water. The weather was normal and cold. My heart was still pounding like hammer in me and my legs trembled.

I did what I best could. I ran up the fucking stairs like a maniac and into the room. I closed the door behind me and exhaled a harsh breath. Justin was still sleeping as if he didn't know the constant weather change. And since I felt like something was about to jump right into this door and attack me, I locked it behind me. Then I climbed back into the bed and covered my mouth to avoid myself from making loud noises from my mouth. I looked back out the window. At least, I didn't get attacked or anything by...him.