Chapter 41 - Negativity

The tension in the room was thick. The temperature in the room was hot. Wide variety of emotions rambled throughout the entire room we were standing in. Not only was Justin pissed but so were the girls. Molinda on the other hand looked scared. Secretly, I did too. This was my worst nightmare standing in front of me.

"What is he doing here?" Justin snapped, glaring daggers at his brother.

"There's something you need to know about your brother, honey." Molinda said. From the look of her face, and I quote being the greatest, strongest witch in town, she was actually scared to go near Justin. And I didn't blame her.

"Mother--"

"Your father has been doing injustice to Damian for a while now. Damien left and he just needs time away from his father. He's here for couple of days, Justin." Molinda was brainwashed, that much was clear. They say, witches can manipulate witches and Damien was half. Justin, the sisters, nor I believed a word Molinda was saying but it wasn't her fault.

"Brother, can we end our wrath upon each other? I made a mistake by trusting our father and going on about life with him. Can we just end this and start all over?" Yes, manipulating bastard. That's what he was. And if Justin starts to believe him, I will personally slap the shit out of him. Damian, his name was, walked up to Justin and all I could do was watch, dumbfounded.  My heart thumped again. Justin watched his brother walk up with intense gaze.

Molinda waited impatiently for Justin to react, her eyes full of hope. I rubbed gently against his back to reassure him and to let him know that any physical contact he makes towards his brother could cause a severe consequences between him and his mother. Justin looked at me from the sideways, knowing exactly what I was implicating at. Justin didn't say or do anything but rather walked off with intense anger trailing behind him. Molinda sighed and walked away as well. The sisters gave Damian an unwelcoming look before walking away too, leaving me alone with the devil and the vixen, herself.

There intentions were pretty clear. Putting on a facade of innocence was doing them no good and frankly they sucked at it. I glared at both of them before returning my attention back to Damien in front of me.

"The name's Damian. Ironically, no one here likes my entrance. But, I'm guessing this is a big shock to you?" He said, devilishly smiling down at me. Straight out of my nightmares and rambling in front of me like he is the king of the world. I glared at him. So, this was him. The dark shadow.

"I know who you are, and I know why you are here." Damian tilted his head to the side, smirking.

"Sandy, I thought you said she was brainless?" He challenged, his eyes locked on me. Sandy shifted uncomfortably before regaining herself. So, this bitch likes to talk behind my back now, huh? I glared at her for a second before bringing my attention back to him.

"Leave Justin and his family alone. You don't want to anger your brother, now do you? We all know he is much stronger and wise than you and your father. Your intentions are pretty clear but you won't succeed. So, stop trying and move along." My intentions were pretty clear too. No way in hell was I going to let them do desirable damage to this family. Damian glared at me, his eyes giving out a murderous look as if I had something I shouldn't have. Who was I really messing with right now? I swallowed a dry lump in my throat, regained my poster again before I collided with my vertigo, and moved along before he spoke. I quickly walked upstairs, not giving out a single glance behind. Sandy scoffed behind me as If I was stupid. I ignored her. This isn't my battle right now.

I stood outside of Justin' room, contemplating weather to knock or just go straight in. Should I give him some space? I opened the door without knocking and walked into a completely dark room. Justin sat on the opposite side of the bed, facing the window with his head against his fists. I closed the door behind me.

"Justin?" I walked up to him slowly, sitting next to him afterwards. Justin didn't look up. I courageously placed my hand on his back.

"Why is this happening right now?" Justin said, keeping his head low. What possible answer did I have for his question? Even I was looking for one.

"I don't have an answer to that question, baby, but I do know that everything happens for a reason. Think of this as a given test. All you have to do is go through it and pass." SHIT! Why didn't my own quote work on me? I'd be ten times lighter than I was now If my body and soul agreed to this. Justin finally looked up, chuckling darkly.

"You are quite funny, Ms. Misty."

"Hey, mark my words, Mr. Rivers, but I am only trying to lighten the mood," I smiled.

"Well, then let's pass this test together." Justin grabbed my hand. I giggled. If only it was that easy.

"Let's."

"After I kill these bastards, I will pass," Justin cut in, darkly.

"Bring your brother to a right path. He's lost. Do this and you won't have to kill anyone," I assured him. Can his brother be brought back to life? Justin scoffed.

"You don't know my family like I do. He's not lost. He's far from it. All he reeks of is lies, and negativity. I did forgive him once. I blame myself for that everyday. But now that I am wanting to forcefully run away to keep my mother and sisters safe, dilemma pops up again. He's going to unman me into becoming a monster I let go long time ago." Tears pricked my eyes.

"Well, then let's do this together. Let's fight this battle together. Don't let any of this affect you, or your beloveds. Let life go by normally like it has been before. Just you, me, and your family. No one else." Justin grabbed my face and pulled me to him, his fingers tangled in my hair.

"With you by my side, I will get through anything, baby." Then his mouth captures mine into a possessive matter. I equally possess him back, making him mine and forever.