Chapter 33 - Bloody Beach

Justin and I packed our things and headed out the motel within minutes. At the earliest, 8 am seemed to be to dragging by slowly for me. With me half asleep in the car an Justin wide awake, the journey seemed to pass by on quickly. We stopped by the closest breakfast area, got something quick to eat and drove off without stopping any furthermore.

Six hours.

With only six hours left on the journey, my anxiety kicked in again. Why was this so hard for me to believe that everything was going to be just fine. My heart told me everything was going to be just fine but my brain kept urging me to drop everything and head back. Who do I listen to? Both seemed to be just about the right thing for me to do. I looked at Justin. He had his eyes fixed on the road the entire time. I had my mind blocked the entire journey from across the country just so he wouldn't get the whole idea of why we were actually here.

But for how long can I keep this up?

I closed my eyes to surpass the remaining journey and until we got to Justin's beach house in California that he said he had. How ironic that everything was working out just fine. With his beach house on the beach, what could possibly go wrong but for me to encounter what I am actually looking for?

With my eyes closed and Justin's fingers laced through mine, time seemed to go by fast. Before I knew it six hours had gone by. I opened my eyes only to see the sign of California pass by. My heart raced again. Everything around me turned from blue and lively to gray and dead but it passed as soon as it came. I looked around trying to take in what I just saw. Everything was back to normal. Was this my mind playing tricks on me? I covered my mouth and closed my eyes to calm myself down.

"Are you okay?" Justin asked, reaching out for me.

"Huh? Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. We're here?"

"Yes. Sleep well?" He asked, lacing his fingers through mine again. I clutched it tighter than expected and brought it closer to my heart. I smiled.

"Yeah. Good morning."

"Your heart is beating more beats then expected. What's wrong?" I quickly dropped his hand.

"What? Oh no, nothing. Just really happy to be here!" I wasn't lying but I was exactly telling the whole truth either. We drove by a little further ahead, maybe fifty miles or little over more, and then came to our destination. Justin parked the car. It was a little walk to his house from the boardwalk which I didn't mind. We were confronted by large, three to four story houses on the beach. Extraordinary and beautiful, the more we got closer to the house the more excited I was getting. We walked up the five steps and to where the main door was.

"Ready?" He asked. I could be ready for a lot of things, but I'm not. I bit my lip and nodded. Justin unlocked the door and pushed it open for me to enter first. I did so and I could of swore my jaw dropped to the floor. I didn't realize my eyes had enlarged. The house was beautiful. Everything was so high, big, and elegant it almost looked like an ancient palace from back in the king and queen days. I smiled.

"Wow," was all I could say. I twirled around in a 360 angle to get a full view of the place. Justin grabbed the bags from the car and placed it on the side after shutting the door behind us. There was so much light shining in the house I felt as if I would go blind. But I loved it, I loved the aspect of the windows and I loved the light. Justin toured me around the bottom floor as we came across every room from the kitchen to the rooms down the floor. After settling back to the middle by the main entrance door, I looked up. There was a big, twirling staircase that was leading up the other floor.

I could only imagine what the top floor looked like. Justin's world was filled with interesting things and my book of Views of the Rich was filling up but yet more to come.