Lanteveldt x M Human Reader Part 1

(This came as a request from @SuperCrusher; "Lanteveldt x Male reader, who is an adopted older brother of saliphie who also came as a sacrifice as punishment for trying to escape with saliphie. He's also like saliphie's personality, protective of her but still likes beasts. And if saliphie is to be Queen then Y/N can become "Her advisor") (I think this may go on for a bit since they gave me so much to work with, so I'm gonna try my best. Have fun and enjoy reading!)

"Saliphie should've been back by now. I'm starting to get worried." Y/N says pacing back and forth as they chewed on their thumb nail. "Please try to calm yourself Y/N. Lady Saliphie will be returning from the city of Maasya very soon." Amit said, carrying a tray of tea and baked goods.

"I truly hope so. The guards, the chancellor and the people of Ozmargo can be quite hostile to humans. I can only imagine how those in Maasya will be treating my sweet sister. I wish I could've gone with her."

"I understand your worries, for I share them as well. So we must have faith in lady Saliphie. And pray she comes back safe and sound. Ah, which reminds me. I heard from the chancellor that Saliphie was to choose the captain of her royal guard." "Huh? And were there any volunteers?"

"Umm, well...Unfortunately there wasn't anyone in the court yard. Not even by his majesty's command."

Y/N gave a sigh and slumped in his seat. "I'd say I'm surprised, but that would be a lie. Saliphie is to be the Queen, and there is no one in this land besides you, Cy and Clops, and his majesty that'll give her a chance. Hmm, although I suppose there is also Captain Jormungand and Bennu." "Yes. But you didn't let me finish Y/N. There weren't any volunteers for a moment but then a last minute volunteer stepped forward."

"Really? So, someone actually volunteered to be my sisters protector? Who?" "I don't know Y/N. That was all I could find out, but perhaps when they return we could greet her new guard captain."

...
In Y/N's room

Y/N was arranging a plate of little pastry cakes he would often make for Saliphie when she was younger. And he began making a separate plate to give as a thank you gift to the captain of her guard. 'I hope they will come to like it.' He eats one of the cake's and is blushing happily.

'Still as fluffy as I remember.' He looked out his window and saw his sisters wagon entering the marketplace. Out of excitement Y/N rushed out of his room with the cake's in hand. He had just made it in time and was out of breath from running.

"Wh-What happened on the road?!" Asked the Chancellor. Y/N saw the damage inflicted onto the wagon and his heart skipped a beat. Cy and Clops hopped out of the wagon and asked if Saliphie was alright. And on the first step, she fell forward. Y/N almost ran to catch his sister until somebody else did that for him.

"Ahhh! Oh no Saliphie! Saliphie, are you alright?!" Screamed Cy and Clops. "Don't be so dramatic. She's only sleeping."

In Y/N's perspective, the one who caught Saliphie looked cool as well as handsome. Y/N snapped out of his daydream and couldn't believe he thought a beast he just met was handsome. And he's Hyenian no less, Y/N remembered reading about his people in a book Saliphie let him borrow. And it all came together on why he, or rather his appearance, looked so familiar.

When Y/N noticed his sister being hurried off somewhere he followed. He sat beside her bed concerned. But he couldn't get that Hyenian out of his head.

"Mm, Y/N?"

"Saliphie! Thank goodness, are you okay? How're you feeling?" Saliphie smiled, almost amused by his frantic questions. "I'm feeling better now. I was just so tired, and I'll tell you why later. Oh yeah, where's Lante?"