Depressed Lanteveldt x F Human Reader Part 1

(Alright I had a few thoughts for LanteXReader scenario's, so I just wanted to bring in one idea for some comfort for a moment. I wanna do this now so I won't forget the idea later. Okay have fun, hope you all like it:D)

Another day in the castle, but one that started out differently than the rest since Y/N and Sariphi's arrival. Lante was certainly not acting like himself, he seemed more quiet and rather distant.

  Y/N noticed this when she woke up this morning after spending the night in Lante's chambers. No one knows of their relationship not even Sariphi. But after spending the night in his room she woke up to him already gone. She always remembered being awake before him and they would stay and cuddle before Lante left to go train. Y/N didn't remember Lante saying he had to be awake earlier for training, so where did he go in such a hurry?

  She got out of bed and started brushing her hair but midway she stopped and began biting her thumbnail. Something Y/N does when she's either nervous or anxious. "I'm sure he has his reasons. But even so I still don't understand why he didn't wake me. Did I do something wrong?" Y/N continued to ponder on this in the library. She started to recall their evening last night after dinner, but nothing bad came to mind.

The previous night;

  "Y/N." "Sariphi, what can I do for you?" "I was just wondering if you've seen Lante by any chance?" "Lante?"

"Yes, we didn't see him at dinner. And these last few days I haven't seen him as much. At first I thought he was spending half of his time training with Captain Jormungand, but he said he hasn't seen him either." Hearing this made Y/N worry but she couldn't let it show, otherwise Sariphi would get worried. "Sorry I haven't seen him. But don't think too much about it you know how Lante is. Sometimes he just doesn't feel like being around people. You should know, you told me this once."

  "I guess I did. You're probably right, he just might be sitting on top of the castle right now I bet. He did the same thing back in Maasya." Sariphi smiled. "Right, but rest assured if I run into him at all I will tell him to come see you first thing tomorrow morning." "Thank you Y/N. Well I will see you tomorrow, good night."

  "Good night Sari." She waved her off and huffed a breath of air when she left. 'I'm gonna kill that dumb hyena!' Y/N continued down the hall and when she came around the corner a pair of hands covered her mouth and wrapped around her waist. She was pulled to the side in a shadowy door way.

Y/N began scratching at her alleged attacker but her arms were held at her sides. "Hey, hey, hey. Calm down, it's just me."

... "Lante? What's the matter with you? You know I hate it when you sneak up on me. Now where have you been? Nobody's seen you for most parts of the day these last few days. You're really worrying me and Sariph-, Lante?"

Y/N reached out to cup his cheek and when she did Lante flinched but she could feel his face heating up. "Lante, have you been...Crying?" "What? No, of course not. Just tired that's all."

  "Lante." "Hey, I'm fine. Really I'm okay." He said holding her hand. 'His smile...It looks forced.' "You know you can talk to me if something's bothering you. I'm here if you ever need an ear." This made Lante smile, though it was small it was a real genuine smile. He put his head against hers and looked her straight in the eyes. "What did I do?" "Huh? What'd ya mean?" Y/N asked her face turning red.

  "I mean, what could I have possibly done to have someone like you? I've never had luck like this before. Meeting you, seeing you smile, hearing you laugh, even just hearing your voice. Your warmth, and your comforting touch. And most of all just me being here as Sariphi's personal bodyguard. All of this...Just doesn't seem real to me."