Chapter 5

The trip back to Sia's bedroom was quick. She just wanted to get back and take rest. Today must have been one of the weirdest days of her life. She was definitely not keen to have any more bizarre experiences, at least for now. After all, if she was to stay here for at least over a month, weird things were bound to happen. If you want to live a normal life, Eden is not your place to be.

Once she got back, she quickly changed into her pajamas and went to sleep. From tomorrow, the real test begins.

Sia was a bit nervous as she made her way to the training arena near the castle. She wore a kind of red jumpsuit with a white shirt underneath. Not too flashy or cliché.

On her way, she saw many different people practicing their powers. They looked awesome while using those powers. Some were flying, some were causing earthquakes, and some were causing mini tsunamis, while others were summoning a fire storm.

She made way to a man standing in the middle, who looked like he was supervising those people practicing their magic.

"Um, hello," she spoke to the man timidly.

The man turned around to face her. He was wearing some sort of brown tunic with navy blue tracks made of some weird sort of leather. He had a scrawny beard and messy hair and a physique of a wrestler.

"Aiy, yuh must be the lass they were gunna send meh ter train, isn'it right?" he asked her.

She nodded. She was determined to learn fast and get over with this mess.

"Aiy, then follow meh," he signaled to her, taking her to another more deserted spot in the arena. "I am thinking yuh won't want others ter see your first trainin session. So I brought yuh ter this deserted place."

"Wow. Thank you so much Mr...."

"Call meh Mr. Gorg. Now, everyone chooses one element ter master at. It is called their major. Have you chosen your element?"

Sia paused for a while. Martha had suggested air. It was easy to master, yet very powerful. She had even learned about it a bit from Martha during bedtime, as her grandfather was an Air bender.

"I have given it a bit of a thought. I want to choose the air element to master in," Sia told Mr. Gorg.

He nodded. "Now I am an instructor so I have mastered all 4 elements to an extent. There are very few of us. Now, the air element is not too hard ter master. The first skill I will be teaching yuh of course is flyin. I want yuh ter empty your mind of all thoughts and concentrate on the breeze. Once that's done, slowly push your hands downwards while still being one with the wind. If yuh do it correctly, yuh will be hovering from the ground. Then yuh can fly anywhere you want."

Sia listened very attentively. She rid her mind of all thoughts as instructed. She concentrated hard on the gentle breeze that swept her red wavy hair on her face, filling her with a calm sensation inside. She then slowly pushed her hands downward, but suddenly her concentration broke with the distant roar. She opened her eyes.

"Good job fer a first try. I wouldn't expect yuh to do it the first time. I reckon yuh were almost there. Continue trying. I need ter check on the fool who caused that noise," Mr. Gorg told her.

She nodded as he went. Sia again started emptying her mind and concentrating on the breeze. After a while, she was again filled with the same feeling of calmness, and slowly she pushed her hands downward. She could feel herself hovering.

"Pretty impressive. Usually they don't get it until their 10th attempt," said a voice she didn't recognize.

Sia slowly pushed open her eyes to see an exceptionally handsome face with messy black hair and a teasing grin looking at her. She felt herself land back on the ground. Luckily she wasn't too high up or it would have been embarrassing.

"Greetings Prince Carter," Sia said as she hastily stood straight.

He just smiled. He was once again wearing a royal outfit and was carrying the same golden sword she saw him carry during dinner. Just then she heard Mr. Gorg return.

"Sorry, took a bit ter sort out the mess. That kid caused one heck of an explosion." He stopped in his tracks when he spotted the Prince leaning on his sword, smiling.

"G-Greetings, Prince Carter of Uroma. Apologies for not recognizing you earlier," the man stammered.

"No need to apologize Mr. Gorg. I just came here to see how the training was going for our new member. And I must say, I am impressed. She is a fast learner," the prince replied back.

"A few more days, and we will be good to go. I shall take my leave now. I need to check on the others." Saying this Prince Carter walked away, leaving Sia just staring and Mr. Gorg completely bewildered.