𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

The sun had almost crossed the horizon, spreading its last few rays of light on the Earth, painting the sky with the colors of orangy red. The birds started their journey back to their nests, in the hopes of meeting their young ones. The retreating chirps of sparrows, screeching sounds of insects inside the cooling grass and the sudden cool smell mingling in the air were enough to welcome the arrival of the moon in the huge blanket of sky gifted by god.

Watching the finely intricate movements of nature, she slightly opened the window, allowing more breeze to penetrate inside with the leftover light. Her long, silky hair flowed on her face, dancing into a sober rhythm. The inquisitive pair of eyes roamed outside the window, watching the hubbub of the town. The hawkers walking and yelling to market their products, the mob of household ladies gathered to gossip about the chores and other stuffs, the men sitting on chauraha discussing about the condition of country under the dominance of colonies and what not. Amidst the chaos, her mind was peaceful and calm, silently gazing the scene outside her room.

"Didiiiii!!!!!!Why did you opened the window?" Mishika yelled from behind, sitting on the crystal marble floor.

She was sitting with her legs folded, overlapping each other, playing with the ancient, intricate deck of cards.

"What are you doing with those cards from past half an hour Mishika?" The lady turned back, placing hands on her hour glassed waist.

"Cant you see Didi? I am trying to erect this manor of cards but it toppled down. Why did you open the window?" She said , frowning and rolling her lips.

The lady chuckled seeing the cute tantrums of her  twelve years old cousin.She smiled and paced towards her. Sitting just beside her, the maiden started assembling the scattered cards together.

"At least close the window. The wind will keel it down again." She scolded.

Placing them one over other, she engrossed herself in confecting a beautiful manor out of those cards.

"These castles are just like dreams of love. The more you will erect it with devotion, the more potent it becomes. Then no powerful blows of such winds can destruct it. Got it!!" She replied with dreamy eyes fixated on the half built Tasher Ghar.

"Why  does  it always becomes difficult for me to comprehend your words?"

"Because you are too small to understand those." She said , smacking Mishika's forehead.

Mishika hummed half confused, rolling her eyes and lower lips, for she knew she could never understand her confusingly tangled words.

"Leave it..see our beautiful castle has been erected." She clapped with her shining eyes.

Seeing the beautiful tower standing elegantly on the marble floor whose reflection was clearly visible on the tiles, Mishika jumped at the place , her feet dangling merrily into the air.

"Be Careful Mishika or it will  rumble up."

She bit her tongue and paced towards the window, with a huge smile of victory lingering on her face.

"Didi what is that song you always sing during breezy nights? Thandi hawa..tumhe bula!!"

The maiden again chuckled seeing the innocence of her little friend. Standing up from the place, she stepped towards her, with the loose end of her saree perfectly encircled around her left arm. Waving and twirling it just like a queen, she stood beside her, looking at the freshly arrived moon in the sky, spreading the aura of its serenity on the Earth.