𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮

The car of Thakurs screeched on the damp streets of KumarBadi. The roads glinted under the mild afternoon sun, forming a mirage of new life on the cold lands. The unseasonal rains bought a new coldness with it that teased the ever blazing souls. She removed her big sunglasses as she peeped out of her window, her jaw dropping in amusement as the huge building stood straight with pride in front of her. Her head was few inches away from banging with the pole until the driver finally warned her to sit inside quietly.

"Malik (Master) will chop my head down if something happens to you mistress. Please be patient."
He requested while driving.

A small pout formed on her face and she leaned back, folding her hands and silently gazing her surroundings. After spotting a distant place to park the car, she finally stepped outside, her heart elated with glee and joy. She jumped on her spot after giving a small clap before realizing she was in public. The voice of her parents reminding her being the daughter of Thakurs ringed in her ears giving shivers to her. She bit her lips and glided her glasses from her head back to her eyes. Slinging the purse on her shoulder, she crossed the road, approaching towards building. As soon as she reached its entrance, she let out a deep breath. Her face strained as she smiled every muscle of her cheek.

"The Bengal Voice...Since 1898" She read the plate engraved on the building.

She gently pushed the Iron Gate, entering inside the porch. She looked at the two-storey building that stood proudly on the outskirts of the town. It almost took an hour for her to reach the place. The building was different from those of her town. The wobbled bricks were replaced by the perfectly cemented walls and the slanting roofs were replaced by the perfect west roof. She could hear the constant synced clanking from some distance, which made her more curious to hop on the stairs and enter the place. The land around her was void, with few trees planted here and there. The hawkers and vendors could be seen on the roads and the distant civilization was visible from afar, sprinkling some life near the building. But most importantly, she reminded herself the purpose of her little excursion.

"Durga Durga!" She muttered before finally entering inside, sliding the iron grilled door sideways that made a loud screeching noise. She looked at her palms which were now black with the grease.

"Yuck!" Her face squinted as she smelled her greasy fingers.

Such a good start! All the very best Priyala. She mentally wished herself. Her eyes widened as they roamed around. She was astounded with the beauty. It was the first time she was ever visiting the printing press. She could feel her mouth opening and closing as she could feel the rush inside the room. To her very right was the receptionist desk which had the coppery telephone kept on it, with the huge bundle of newspapers that successfully hid the person. She blinked few times as she could only hear the person's voice. Her gaze moved to her left where the wooden benches were properly arranged forming an L-shape. The sunlight peeped in from the window above that fell directly towards the reception counter. Few bulbs hanged down from above the benches. Concluding it to be the waiting area, her eyes went straight towards the stairs that would lead her to the upper floor. She felt someone uttering Miss, but her mind was floating freely, inspecting every corner of the room. The place was different, so different from her library. But she could still feel the sheer calmness amidst the chaos, which amused her more. The realm of words holds more power than any other golden glittering walls.

"Hello Miss!" The voice startled her as she turned around to find a guy standing behind her, inspecting her from head to toe. She wetted her lips as she could feel her throat getting dried out of words. She could feel his eyes glinting as the rays hit his face. That's when she noticed his features. He was considerably tall, with clear skin, his eyes were the light shade of black, and his black hair perfectly gelled to the side. A contagious smile formed on his face, forming slight dimple on his cheeks. He was definitely smart and good-looking. But not as smart as 'him'. 'His' eyes were more beautiful, holding depths of emotions in them. The sane part of her mind slapped her for wandering herself towards the man with whom she spent her evening yesterday. She stared at the gentleman standing in front of her before realizing her purpose of the visit.