𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

Few years back

The petite figure entered inside the room, shivering with the unnamed fear and the anxieties that swirled all its way through her stomach. She quietly placed the oil lamp on the wooden table, twirling its nob to dim the flame. Her face was now adorned with the flames of lamp, dancing together with the moonlight that seeped in through the white curtained windows. She heaved a sigh, as her feet touched the cold floor of her house, the warmth of knowingness submerging into her soul. She slightly slid the curtains, her eyes roaming through the dark lanes, making sure they both were safe.

"Who is he?" She jerked suddenly and turned around as a female voice asked her with concern. She stared at her mother, the lady whose eyes shone even in the dark, the latent worry neatly folded behind the layers of stern demeanor was still visible.

"Umm Maa..." she bit her lower lip in response, her fingers fidgeting with uncanny anxiety that started developing inside her stomach. She lowered her gaze after staring at her mother for enough of time. She knew she was caged enough that her mother would catch her lie. Lying was the worst idea she could come up with. She chose to explain her rather. Her mother would understand, wouldn't she? She let out a deep sigh before finally opening her mouth.

"Well uh- Maa...I was just stuck-"

"I hope you know you are the only daughter of Sarkars. Don't you?" She flinched, as the cold voice ringed through her ears interrupting her midway, sending shivers down her spine. Her heart jumped out of her ribs, thumping erratically inside her throat. Her throat dried, her brain fuzzing with fears.

"Ye-Yes!"

"So I guess you are aware that the dignity of our family lies within your grasp." Her voice became colder with every passing words she spat.

"Maa you are overreacting."

The feminine figure interrupted her, the voice extending all its boundaries of calmness and landing into pitch of irritation.

"I am not overreacting and you better remember don't ever fall in love!"

"Maa I am..."

"Just don't ever fall in love with anyone."

The door was shut on her face, letting her sink on the cold tiled floor, shutting all the possible windows of hopes that managed to seep a packet of sunshine for her.

The sky is overcast with cloudsand the rain is ceaselessI know what this is that stirs in meI know not its meaning

and the rain is ceaseless
I know what this is
that stirs in me
I know not its meaning

"Ishhh!" She closed the book before throwing herself on the soft mattress of the bed.

She turned around, supporting her head with her left arm. The poem lured in her heart, sending numerous butterflies inside her stomach. She grabbed the book she threw around moments ago with her other hand, opening the page where she read the poem. Her hands grazed on its page, letting the latent magic seep into her soul.