𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

His mind wandered aimlessly, from one thought to another and eventually taking him to the road of slumber until...

He woke up with a jerk, as he felt someone shouting his name and shaking his shoulder.

"Rishit Babu(Sir)! Babu wake up we have reached."

A soft groan left from his mouth, his mind collecting different pieces together to realize the surroundings. He was still there, leaning on the window glass, his eyes drooling with sleep and his parents looking at him from behind. A wide yawn escaped his mouth, which he immediately covered with his hands. The moist started collecting in his doe, as a result of yawning and still lurking for sleep. Everything was same except his surroundings. Now, the chaos has increased, and he could see himself surrounded by huge trees of pine, probably someone's garden. He blinked a few times, adjusting himself with the light just to find a huge white mansion standing proudly in front of him. Why was he here? He looked at his watch, the costlier one, with the Roman numberings on it, whose hands were beautifully designed. At this time? He gave a look at his attire and then outside, when realization hit him straight.

"Have we reached?"

The driver gave him an 'are you mad look' and lowered his gaze immediately. After all, he was their mere servant and had no plans of getting fired. Rishit startled when he heard a groan which he recognized from where it came.

"Sor-ry Pa(father) I do-zed o.." He fumbled but was immediately interrupted by his Pa.

"Hmm. Let's go."

Soon they made through the huge pass way that was created between the green lush of the garden. They ascended the stairs at the entrance which took them to the huge hallway. His feet stopped at the entrance, gawking at the mesmerizing beauty of the Badi. Large garlands of marigold were hanging down the walls, the incense scent filled the air, different colorful flowers were neatly arranged in the vase and a huge carpet was rolled down on the tiled marble floor, welcoming everyone. They were greeted with the drops of rosewater sprinkled on them.

"Namaste Augadh Babu!" Someone greeted them.

"Arey Namaste Bhairav Babuuu!"

Augadh entered the huge hall along with his son, as his wife went all busy chattering with other ladies attending the Puja.

"How are you Augadh? How's business going?" Bhairav Thakur, the head of Badi asked.

"By Maa's grace, everything is going well. The trade is perfectly balanced. How's your zamindari treating you?"

"Bhalo! Khub Bhalo.(Good! Too good)"

Bhairav looked towards Rishit with a warm smile.

"Ae amar chele(He is my son)." Augadh introduced him, patting his shoulders.

"You turned into a handsome young man! How are you doing ahh.."

"Rishit!" He cleared the confusion.

"Yeah Rishit! So you returned from London a few months back, if I am not wrong. Didn't you?"

"Yes Kaka! By Maa's grace, my years in London were amazing."

"Bhalo(Good)! So are you planning to join your Baba in his business?"

It gave a sudden pang in his chest. He looked towards his Pa, who was now glaring with 'don't fuck up' look on his face. He gulped a lump of saliva. The big room suddenly made him feel suffocated. The cream kurta added much grace to his already suffocated mind. In response, he just coughed.