𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻

Life was calm after Doshomi, Vijaya Doshomi (Dussehra). The guests made their way back to their respective towns, the relatives finally returning to their respective shelters and eventually Thakur Badi regaining its lost hush. The soft ticking of the brownish, round clock hanging on the wall knocked its presence. The four walls never pleased her. The curtains were off, since the afternoon sun didn't want to tease her.

"Tsk!"

She was irritated. She was tired lying on the huge bed that was covered with floral bed sheets.

"Uff Boring!" She muttered to herself.

She was lying on the bed, holding a book straight on her face. Another sigh left her mouth. Maybe she wasn't enjoying it. She tried to turn the page when the book slipped from her hands and landed on her face.

"Ouch!!" She sat up with a jerk, caressing her nose and cheeks one by one.

She slammed the novel she was reading and shoved it behind her pillow. She stood and went near her wardrobe.

"Kakiii!!" No response.

"Kakiiiiii!!" Again no response.

"Uggghhhhh!!" She muttered to herself.

Frustrated, she opened the door of wardrobe. Her eyes skimmed through the shelves. She gazed at something that had intricate embroidery.

"Too heavy!" she said inhaling a breath.

She gazed at some unfamiliar cloth type.

"It's too humid outside. Not this!"

Her doe fell on something mustard. She carefully picked it from the pile of clothes. She dismantled the fold and held it near her shoulder. She ran near the big mirror in her room, bordered by some costlier work, carved into beautiful patterns of climbers and peacocks. Her face radiated a victorious smile, seeing her reflection.

"Perfect!" She muttered.

She immediately changed herself into a long frock with puff sleeves, that covered three fourth of her total hands. The mustard outfit had small flowers printed on it and it reached few inches below her knees. She made sure to cover the rest of her legs with socks. Bhairav had always gifted her with vivid, expensive attires and this was one of them. It was considered a foreign fashion at that time. And bare legs would definitely not take her anywhere.

"Kakkkkkiiiii!" A final call.

"Ji-Ji Cho-ti Mal-kin... (Yes mistress)" A maid came in sight, her head hung low.

"Where were you?" Her voice stern.

"Sorry!!"

"I am going out. Ask the driver to take the car." She commanded.

"Ji..."

Wrapping violet scarf and putting on her big glasses, she pranced away.

"Where?" A stern voice caught her on the stairs.

She looked sideways to surprisingly see her family sitting on the sofa, together sipping the hot tea. That was definitely an eighth wonder.

I too need that! She thought, eyeing to the kettle.

"Priyala!!" the voice bought her back.

"Ji Maa(Yes mother)?"

"Where are you going at this time?" Meenakshi asked sternly.