Awake?

*third person POV*

Steve and Tony sat at the table where the whole gang had sat all together just hours ago. Fury stood at the other end holding something in his hands.

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket, I guess he never did get you to sign them." Fury said tossing the bloody cards on the table.

"We're dead in the air up here, our communications, the location of the cube, Banner, Thor, I've got nothing for you. I lost my one good eye. maybe I had that coming."

Steve not Tony made eye contact with the director because his idea cost the lives of two people that they had realized that they cared about.

"Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on the number though because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this and so did Ms. Beckett, it's called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles we never could."

Steve put a card back down on the table and looked down at his hands while Tony was listening but not making eye contact.

"Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, I wasn't positive if Liberty believed in the idea but I do know she believed in heroes."

Tony stood up without looking at the two men and walked out of the bridge.

"Well, it's an old fashioned notion." Fury finished.

As Tony walked through the hallways anger and sadness raked through his body. all of a sudden he stopped. He took a few steps back and looked in the window of a room. There on a steel medical table lay little Liberty.

Tony opened the door to the room and walked by the side of the table.

"Hey, tiny." He said scratching the back of his neck, "I wanted to say I'm sorry, I shouldn't have mad all those nasty comments about how you look, I understand now even if it's a little late, it was out of your hands. You had nothing and I picked you out on it, and all you wanted to do was help, and for that I am truly sorry." Tony put his hand on her little cold one as a tear streamed down his face.

"She was very brave." Tony turned around to see Steve standing in the doorframe, "I guess being half dead as she said before made it easier to let go." With that said the two men walked out of the room not noticing her little finger twitch.

--

"Where's GG?" Clint asked Natasha after he fought Loki out of his mind.

Natasha tensed, she didn't know what to tell him. He missed everything, everything that she tails about her self she still hadn't explained what she mean by experiments.

"Tasha? Clint asked concerned.

"Loki, h-he killed her, and Coulson."

Clint was quiet. He felt responsible.

"Clint it's-"

"I wanna see her."

"What?" Natasha asked.

"I said I want to see her."

Natasha hadn't even built up enough strength to see the lite girl that she had felt feelings toward like she felt toward Clint.

"Okay."

When they made it to the room where Liberty lay, Natasha stayed by the door as Clint carefully walked toward her little body. As he made it right next to her he grabbed her little hang in both of his and put on his cheek. He felt empty, he had lost one of his best friends. Tears soaked his face as her sobbed.