As a Team

*Liberty POV*

I passed through the last alien grabbing something probably important and taking it with me as I continued do to exit, killing him.

Tony and I had been distracting groups of Chitarui and slowly picking them off before more came.

I looked down to see Steve running toward where some of the police were stationed. I flew down and followed seeing that I had no Chitarui following me at the moment.

As he jumped on top of the car I hovered slightly behind and higher off the ground.

"You need men in these buildings." he said pointing at buildings around him, "There are people inside and they're going to be running right line of fire. You take them to the basements or through the subway."

"You keep them off the streets." I added.

"I need a perimeter as far back as 39th." Steve finished.

"Why the hell should I take orders from you and a demon kid?" One of the policemen smartly replied.

Out of the blue Chitarui men showed up and started to attack us.

I used my wings to knock them away while fighting them off.

When we finished the last ones Steve and I looked partially toward their direction, and the one started giving the orders Steve asked for.

I looked as Steve giving him a smile before flying back up into the air.

"How old is she?" I heard the other policeman asked through Steve's com.

"Son, if I told you you'd never believe me."

I smirked before continuing on my Chitarui killing spree. Yuck.

---

I followed Thor back down to the ground after he electrocuted the remaining Chitarui around Clint, Nat, and Cap.

I cringed, I know how that feels, not pleasant.

"What the story upstairs?" Cap asked.

"Power surrounding the Cube is impenetrable." Thor responded out of breath.

"Thor's right," Tony said over the com, "we got to do with these guys."

"How do we do this?" Nat asked.

"As a team." Steve replied, causing a smile to grow on my face.

"I have in finished business with Loki." Thor stated.

"Yeah? Well, get in line." Clint grumbled. I slapped him on the back with my wing causing him to almost fall on his face. I saw Nat smirk out of the corner of my eye.

"Save it." Steve cut in, "Loki's going to keep this fight focused on us, and that's what we need. Without him, these things could run wild. We got Stark up top. He's going to need us to..." he trailed off hearing a motorcycle engine coming near us.

We all looked over and saw Bruce and met up with him.

"So, this all seems horrible." he said.

"I've seen worse." Nat added.

"Sorry." he replied.

I lifted off the ground since one, my wings wouldn't fit in between the spaces of my teammates and two, I was too short to see from behind them. Why couldn't I have been one of those really tall 9 year olds?

"No, we could use a little worse." Nat concluded.

"Oh Anthony dearest, your science brother has arrived." I told Tony over the com.

"Thank you grandma Berty, tell him to suit up, in bringing the party to you." He replied.

A big Chitarui ship/animal thing followed Tony around the corner toward us.

"I don't see how that's a party." Nat said.

"And why again was I invited?" I huffed.

As it started getting closer Bruce started to walk towards it.

"Dr. Banner!" Steve called, "Now might be a really good time for you to get angry."

"That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry."

He changed into the Hulk and punched the alien making it tilt toward us but before it could squash us Tony shot it making it go sideways. the explosion cause my wings to wrap around me as a shield.

When my feet touched the ground my wings returned to their normal position.

We all stood in a clump either readying our weapons or cracking their knuckles. Me? I was shaking my feathers out.

"Guys." Natasha said catching our attention and making us look up at the portal where more big alien ships were coming out.

"Call it Captain." Tony said.

"Alright listen up," he started, "until we can close that portal, or priority is containment. Bart, I want you on that roof. eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, turn it back or you turn it to ash."

"Can you give me a lift?" Clint asked Tony.

"Right, better clinch up legolas." and they were gone.

"Thor, going to try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. you got the lighting. Light the bast%#^* up." and Thor flew dramatically into the air.

"You and me," he said to Natasha, "we stay here on the ground. we keep the fighting here. Libby, go around and make sure all of the civilians are out of the way." I nodded.

"And hulk," he pointed at him, "Smash."

The grin on his face was priceless.

After he jumped into the air I went over and hugged Nat, having a bad feeling something might happen, then hugging Steve.

"Stay alive for me please, this is the first time I've had friends in a while and I want to keep them."

Steve embraced me in another big hug and pulled out to wipe a white tear falling down my face.

"Don't worry, we'll handle ourselves."

I smiled and flew off.

--

As the Hulk exited a building full of people I entered.

"Come on! Follow me I'll get you to safety!" I yelled.

Everyone was backing up from me.

"Come on! I know I'm not appealing to the eye, but if you want to live follow me."

I brought them down the building protecting them from anything coming their way until we got to the subway entrance.

"Mommy! Mommy!" I heard a little boy cry.

"Jack?! Where are you!" I mothers voice called out.

Before the Chitarui was able to shoot at him I swooped in and shielded him with my wings. I smacked the Chitarui with my wing, making him slam into a wall, then grabbed the little boy and ran to his mother.

"Jack! Oh, thank you so much!"

"No problem, that's my job." I started to walk away.

"Wait! Who are you?" I turned around and looked her in the eyes.

"Just a ghost."

And with that being said I took off into the air.

--

Heyy guys!

Thank you all so much for the 2k reads and 100 followers!

It means so much to me!

Please vote, comment, and follow for more!

PEACE OUT MORTALS!

~Maggie