Years

*years later*

(Ghost Guardian POV) 

It's been years since I watched my mother die right in front of my eyes. I haven't forgotten how long ago it was but I don't like to think about it. Since then I've found that the explosion gave me dangerous powers. During these years I have learned how to control them, well most of the time. I use my powers to protect people, though they always think it was a miracle because they don't see me, and I'd like it to stay that way. The only people that have seen me are S.H.I.E.L.D.. This is because I know that they won't scream and run by the way I look. They have probably seen much worse, though part of me highly doubts it. Some times they stare at my eyes a little too long for my liking but, I've gotten pretty used to it. I frustrate S.H.I.E.L.D. because they don't know who I am and how I became like this. They would never know where to look because my existence is technically impossible.

Today I'm checking up on a little girl who I saved from a drunk driver yesterday. Poor thing almost got run over. I'm sitting in her kitchen on the counter watching her mom do her hair in braids.

"Maybe mama, you can teach me how to do my hair all by myself like a BIG girl!" the little girl said.

"Alright,but stay little for as long a you can sweetheart." her mom chuckled.

This made me smile and think back when my mo- No don't think about that, don't hurt yourself. then I got off of the counter and walked around the house to Susie's room and sat on her bed. I remember when I had a room like this... I started to tear up at the thought of my old home. I stood up and was about to go back into the kitchen when I walked by a tall rectangular mirror. I took a few steps back and looked at myself. I had long dirty blond hair that went down to my waist with a Pure white streak in the front. My body looked emaciated and unhealthy, my skin as pale as snow. then I looked into my empty eyes, no color just emptiness. I was wearing a white short sleeved dress with dirt on it that went down to just under my knees.

All of a sudden I felt a disturbance due to my enhanced senses. Probably coming from the nearest S.H.I.E.L.D. base. I pulled out my wings cringing as felt them slide out of my back and flew through the house making my way to the nearest base .I flew down to the level where I suspected the problem was and saw Clint. I giggled at where he was, high up in a dark corner, typical Clint. I landed behind him and became visible.

"Hey Clint." I said with a small smile. He jumped and turned around.

"Jeez kid you've got to stop doing that!" He said.

"Sorry... Sooooo what's that?" I asked pointing to the blue cube in the center of the lab room.

"Why would I tell you?" Clint said with a smirk.

"Because you know what I can do to you and that I won't tell anyone because I don't know anyone else then S.H.I.E.L.D." I said.

"Fine," He said rolling his eyes, "That my 'friend' is the Tesseract. S.H.I.E.L.D. is trying to figure what it can do."I looked at the Tesseract.

"It's fluctuating something's going to come out from the other end." I evaluated but before Clint could respond he heard the director call him.

He looked back and saw I was gone. I turned invisible only to reappear if I was needed. I watched Clint talk to Fury for a little bit when I decided to appear next to the director.

"I see that you felt the need to investigate S.H.I.E.L.D. business again?" The director said without looking at me.

"Yep." I replied.

Then the Tesseract sent a ray of power and started to create a portal. 'this can't be good' I thought. Then the portal collapsed and sent a wave of energy that made me fall on my butt. I muttered some, well not so nice words as I stood up. I saw a man crouched down where the portal used to be. The man stood up slowly and held a glowing stick.

"Sir, please put down the spear." Director Fury said, but instead the man shot a ray of energy at Fury Clint and I. We flew back, I turned invisible but I still saw what he did. He oh so very quickly killed all of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents and some of the scientists. Then as Clint struggled to get up the Man caught his arm mumbled something I didn't catch. he put his scepter on him and Clint's Eyes changed to blue. He nodded at the man and put his gun away. I realized that he had control over the only person who cared about me and treated me like any other normal person .

"No!" I screamed and became visible again.

The man had caught sight of me and said "I feel strong power within you little mouse, though you appearance is a little alarming if you join me I can bring the color back into your eyes." Then he gave me an evil grin.

No he did not just... "Ghost Guardian get out of here I have this handled." Fury yelled.

I looked into his eyes and saw that he had a plan. Just as Loki was charging for me I vanished. I flew up until I got out of the building and started to fly as fast as I could to get home. Then I heard an explosion and a wave of energy caught me off guard and I started to fall, but then my wings came out on instinct. I let out a small whimper of pain but kept going. I flew back to my rooftop in New York and retracted m wings letting out another whimper of pain. Then lay down on my little blanket thinking about what this strange man wanted before I drifted off into sleep, but not a peaceful sleep, a very disturbing and frightening land of nightmares that have haunted me for years.

*thanks for reading I hope I spelled everything right 😜 plz tell me if I didn't lol byeeee! 😘