We Won

*Liberty's POV*

"I can close it." I heard Nat say over the com as I finished off the last Chitarui in my area.

"I can shut the portal down!" She repeated.

"Do it!" Cap said.

"No, wait." Tony cut in.

"Tony, these things are still coming." I said flying toward the Stark tower.

"I've gotta nuke coming in, it gonna blowing less then a minute. and I know just where to put it."

"You're gonna need some help." I said waiting for him at the tower.

"Berty, it's gonna be a one way trip." Tony said.

"Only for one of us." I said pushing off the tower toward Tony grabbing a hold of the nuke on the opposite side helping it go up toward the portal faster.

I griped on to it tighter as we passed through the portal.

"Bye Tony." I said as I pushed him of the nuke and back through the portal seeing that his suit was offline.

I aimed the nuke at the base and let go.

It was that moment that I realized that the voices never left me, I wasn't even given a com.

I controlled the voices so I could talk to my friends.

Friends. it was so nice to be able to say that once more before I get stuck in another universe.

Then the base exploded. a smile spread across my face, we did it.

We saved the world.

Then my eyes became heavy as my wings became limp my world went black but this time I embraced it.

--
*Third Person POV*

Tony fell through the portal and was tumbling down really fast.

"Why isn't Tony stopping?" Nat asked as the Hulk jumped up in to the air and grabbed him falling back down onto the ground.

All of the Chitarui fell to the ground. Dead.

The Hulk put Tony down on his back and took off his mask.

"Where's Berty?" He asked looking around gasping for breath.

"Still in the portal." Steve responded sadly.

"She pushed me out."

They all looked up at the portal for a few more seconds.

"Close it." Steve said sadly looking at the ground.

Natasha plunged the scepter into the Tesseract's force field causing it to shut down.

They saw as the portal close as figure with wings fell through right as it shut.

"Son of a gun." Steve said shocked.

Liberty continued to tumble toward the ground at an even faster speed.

"She's not slowing down." Thor said winding up his hammer about to grab her but the Hulk jumped into the air and grabbed her before he had the chance.

He landed on the ground on his back cradling her as he stood up.

Steve ran over with Thor who was dragging Tony over where the Hulk was holding Liberty.

"Hulk, put her down." Steve commanded.

"No, Hulk's Angel." He growled.

"Hulk we need to make sure she's ok." Tony pleaded.

The Hulk grunted as he gently put her down.

Her wings were singed, her face was scratched, white blood was spilling everywhere.

Steve knelt down checking for a pulse. His head lowered.

"Didn't I tell you guys I don't have a normal heartbeat?" A small voice laughed.

"Lady Liberty! Your alright!" Thor exclaimed happily.

"One, please, just call me Libby, and two what happened?" She asked.

"We won." Steve replied.

"Hooray! Now, just a heads up as soon as I retract my wings I will most likely not be able to walk." she said looking down at the big gashes and burns all over her feet and legs.

"I'll carry you Libby, don't worry." Steve smiled grabbing her hand and she retracted her wings making her cry out in pain.

Steve picked her up bridal style as she cuddled into his arms.

"Have you guys ever tried shawarma?" Tony asked, "there's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I want to try it."

"We're not finished yet." Thor stated.

"And then shawarma after."

"Sounds good to me." Liberty replied.

--

Loki struggled to get up as the team walked toward him, Liberty still in Steve's arms. Clint aimed his bow at Loki in case he tried to get away.

"If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now." Loki said in pain.

"Yeah right reindeer games." Liberty answered make Tony smile.

--

Hey guys!

Sorry it short, but the next chapter will be really long I promise;)

Thank you guys again for 2k reads and 101 followers!

Please vote, comment, and follow for more!

PEACE OUT MORTALS!

~Maggie

�����yn�