Eleven

Manisha pov

We both sat in the car. Abhishek was still angry and I could see it on his face.

Tu theek hai na? , he asked me.

Haan, isse pehle woh kuch karta tu aa gaya, I said.

Woh kuch nahi kar sakta tha Manisha. Main uska mood todh deta, he said angrily.

He was driving so furiously. I was still shaking due to the incident.

Abhishek agar Tu na aata toh woh pata nahi mere saath kya karta? , Tears started forming in my eyes as I said this sentence.

Manisha aisa kuch nahi hota. Main aisa kuch bhi hone nahi deta, theek hai? , he said.

I nodded my head. 

Abhishek didn't talk much after that. He was just quiet. Soon after some time we reached home.

I was sitting on his bed all alone thinking about today's incident.
Some tears slipped from my eyes but I quickly wiped them because I don't want anyone to feel worried for me.

The door suddenly opened revealing Abhishek..

He sat near me and looked at my hands. He held my hands and I saw a red bruise on my hand. It is probably because Nikhil held my hand so tightly.

He took my hands and applied some cream on my wrist..

Abhishek pov

He did this to you? , I asked her.

She nodded her head slowly.
I could feel anger rush through my veins but then I looked at Manisha and controlled my anger.

I took her in my arms and hugged her.

After some time I took her downstairs. My mother prepared her favourite food, my sister and jiju bought some dresses and jewellery for her then Nischay and My father did a funny dance performance for her.

After I saw Manisha laughing I felt a sense of relief.

Nothing could change the past but my family tried their level best to make her happy.

*few hours later*

I was sitting alone in the balcony. I felt a sense of guilt and regret in my mind.
Many thoughts were racing in my mind.

My chain of thoughts was broken by a  sweet voice calling my name.

Abhishekwaa, kheer khale mummy ne banaya hai, Manisha said.

Tu khale, mera mann nahi kar raha hai, I told her.

Abhishek mujhe pata tu isse apni galti maan raha hai, par dekh main bhool gayi na? Ab tu bhi bhool ja, she said while smiling.

Manisha main isse bhool toh nahi sakta, I told her.

Par ab tu kar bhi kya sakta hai, she said.

Woh baat bhi sahi hai. Bas tu ek cheez yaad rakhiyo, 11, I told her.

11? , iska kya matlab hai? , she asked me.

Terko pata chal jayega, I told her.

She nodded her head confusedly.
She came and sat closer to me putting her head on my shoulders.
I closed my eyes as I felt her presence close to me.

She got up from there and sat on my lap .
Now my eyes were directly looking in hers.

I looked down.

Abhishek tu meri aankhon mei  kyun nahi dekh raha? , she asked me.

Manisha maine terko pehle bhi bola tha, agar main teri aankhon mei dekhunga toh control kho dunga, I told her.

Toh kisne roka hai tujhe?, she said and my eyes widened at her sentence.

As soon as this sentence came out of her mouth, I wrapped my hands around her waist and picked her up and slammed her back against the wall. Our faces just 1cm apart.

She gasped as this all happened so quickly.

I looked directly in her eyes then I whispered in her ears "pakka? "

She gulped then retained her posture and smirked and said "Manisha Rani ek cheez baar baar nahi bolti".

I closed the gap between us and pulled her closer to me.
I was standing there, inches away from her face. She looked so beautiful, her eyes gleaming with anticipation. I could feel my heart beating faster and faster as I leaned in closer. I could feel her breath on my lips and my heart was pounding so hard I thought it would burst out of my chest.

My lips finally met hers and I felt like I was flying. Her lips were so soft and warm and I could feel the electricity in the air. I felt a wave of emotions crashing through me and I had to be careful not to get lost in the moment.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door.

Manisha beta khana kha le, my mouther shouted.

As soon as Manisha heard it she pushed me on the ground, adjusted herself and ran out of the room.

My mother came inside.

Haye Abhishek tu neeche gira hua kya kar raha hai? , she asked. 

Haan maa woh main machar maar raha tha, I told her.

Neeche girkar?, she asked me.

Apko kya batau mumma, bistar ke neeche bahut machaar hai. Aap chinta mat karo main aa raha hoon, I told her.

She accepted my lie and went outside.
I took a sigh of relief and got up.

The next day

Manisha pov

I got up and went to the washroom to get ready. Then I helped dimple aunty in making breakfast.

Then I went to abhishek's room to wake him up.

Suprisingly he was not there. Maybe he went somewhere. I decided to wait for him and lied down on his bed.

I took my mobile and started reading some news.
One news caught my eye which was just uploaded.

Famous director Nikhil mujherjee arrested for harassing many girls in his office, various tax frauds and blackmail.

My eyes widened and I looked at the time , it was 11'o clock. Then a flashback hit me.

Manisha main isse bhool toh nahi sakta

Par ab tu kar bhi kya sakta hai

Woh baat bhi sahi hai. Bas tu ek cheez yaad rakhiyo, 11

11? , iska kya matlab hai?

Terko pata chal jayega.

I widened my eyes and I saw abhishek leaning at the door smiling at me.

I ran to him and hugged him.

Thank you so much abhishek, I told him and I started crying.

Meri rani ko koi rulaye ya choo le aur phir sahi salamat rahe , yeh hoyi nahi sakta, he said and hugged me tighter.

Main ret si, boond ka zariya tu
Paa ke tujhe bheeg jaaun ri

Tar jaaun tar tar jaaun
Dariya ye tar jaaun jee
Ishq ye paake main tera
Nikhar jaaun ri...

Piya bas teri main.