Ik lamha

The doctors had said there was no hope for her. She had been in a coma for weeks, and her condition was getting worse. But Abhishek refused to give up hope

He would spend hours sitting by her bedside, talking to her and holding her hand. He would tell her about his day, his friends, and his dreams for the future.

But as the days dragged on, the conversations became one-sided. He still talked to her, but she never answered.

He decided to start talking to her about all the things he wanted to do with her when she woke up. He told her about all the places they would go, all the things they would do.

Manisha aaj maine white jacket pehna hai tujhe pasand hai na, Abhishek said.
He paused waiting for a response but eventually gave up.

Pata hai Manisha doctor ne kaha ki hopes ab kam hai toh maine unhe kaha tumhar baat ghode ka paad, Abhishek again said and laughes thinking about his Manisha.

Abhishek tried to keep the postive attitude as the days passed and the reality of the situation sank in, his emotions began to spiral out of control. He was consumed with worry and fear, the thought of losing her forever too much to bear. He tried to stay strong for her, but the idea that she might never wake up again was a weight that he couldn't shake off.

He tried to stay busy, to keep his mind off of her, but it was impossible. Everywhere he turned, he was reminded of her. Every song he heard, every movie he watched, every moment he spent alone was a reminder of her.

He was crumbling inside, his mental health deteriorating with each passing moment. He was barely sleeping, barely eating, barely functioning. His thoughts were a jumbled mess, his emotions too overwhelming to process. He felt lost and alone and helpless.

Abhishek felt like he was suffocating. He couldn't bear the thought of his beloved Manisha in this state, and he was beginning to lose hope. He had a mental breakdown, unable to cope up with this.
Many of his friends came to visit him.
Abhishek's friends were  so worried about him that they decided to intervene. They all gathered together and tried to reason with him, but abhishek wouldn't listen. He yelled at them and told them that they didn't understand what he was going through. He told them that they didn't understand how much he loved manisha and how much he wanted her to wake up.

Abhishek's friend tried to be understanding, but Abhishek kept arguing. He refused to accept that Manisha wouldn't wake up and kept believing that she would. Finally, after hours of arguing, Abhishek's friends had to accept that he wasn't going to change his mind.

After the went. Abhishek just looked at his Manisha.

Manisha yaar ab utha ja na, sab log keh rahe ki ab kuch fayda nahi hai, par main ladai ki tere liye, woh sab log meri Manisha ko weak samajhte hai, Abhishek said while crying.

Abhishek wasn't feeling nice today. Everyone constantly telling him that his Manisha wont wake up and his Manisha showing no signs it was all making his mind a mess.

He tried to stay calm, but his heart was pounding and his palms were sweating. He could feel a panic attack coming on. He tried to take deep breaths and focus on what he was doing, but he couldn't shake the fear that something was wrong.

Abhishek grabbed Manisha's hand and held it tight. He looked into her eyes, hoping for some sign of life, but there was nothing. Tears started to fall from his eyes as he realized that his fear was real.

He put his head on Manisha's chest and sobbed. He didn't know how much longer he could keep going like this. He was so scared for her.

He closed his eyes and shifted to his dreamland. He didn't sleep for almost a day.

Kya hua Abhishek sar dard ho raha hai? Hum daba de? , Manisha asked.

Tu yaha kya kar rahi hai Manisha? , Abhishek said.

Tujhse milne aye hai, she said and smiled.

Ohh this smile. Abhishek was craving for this. Her smile can melt his heart.

When he woke up, he looked over at his girlfriend's bed, expecting to see her awake. But she was still lying there, seemingly in a deep sleep. Abhishek felt his heart sink into his stomach. He had wanted it to be real so badly, but it was just a dream.

Hopelessly he slept again. 

He saw morning sunrays falling on his girlfriend's face. She was looking so beautiful. Her chocolate eyes looking so enchanting.
She looked at me and raised her eyebrows.

Abhishek hum kab tak so rahe the? , she asked.

Bahut der tak. Main toh ghabra gaya tha, Abhishek said with a smile on his face.

Par yeh bhi koi sapna hi hoga, Abhishek said and smiled sadly.

Abe bewakoof, uth ja, main jagi hui hoon,Manisha shouted weakly.

It took some time for Abhishek to process this statement but as soon as he did his eyes widened and he jumped out of the bed.
That's when he realised that His Mani is actually awake. Tears started forming in his eyes as he hugged his Rani.

Tu jaag gayi? Yeh koi sapna toh nahin hain na? , he said with his weak voice.

Haan pantole ji main jaag gayi, manisha said and smiled at her man. She carassed his hair with her hands.

Tu kitna kamzor ho gaya Abhishek khana nahi khaya kya? , Manisha said.

Tu sacchi main pagal hai. Tu mujhse kai zyada kamzor hui hai, Tabhi tujhe main hi dikh raha hoon, he said and smiled at her.

Merko har jagah sirf apne pantole ji hi dikhte hai, she said and laughed.

They both looked into each other's eyes. This was their happiness. When abhishek saw Manisha smiling he forgot everything that happened. The way her lips curve into a smile, and the way her eyes twinkle with happiness, never fail to make me smile too. When she smiles, it's like the whole world stops and takes notice. It's like she radiates light and love, and no matter what kind of mood I'm in, her smile can always make it better. Her smile is a reminder of why I love her so much, and why I'm so lucky to be her boyfriend.

Manisha ek cheez bolu? , Abhishek asked.

Haan bol? , she replied back.

Wakt se pehle, wakt ke baad, Abhishek said

Manisha held abhishek's hand and said "rahenge hum tumhare saath".

Tujhse bichadh ke ba khuda main yhaa
Ji na sakunga ek lamha
Aram ata hai didar se tere Mit jate hai sare gum

Hai ye dua ke tujhe dekhte Dekhte hi nikl jaye dum
Sukhrana chahe main jitna bhi krlu ki Fir bhi rhega vo km
Tera tassavur mujhe deke mola ne
Mujhpe kiya hai karam

Authors note
How was it y'all?